good book reccomendations please! :)?

Can you recomend some books for me? I'm 11, and I like TWILIGHT SAGA, THE HOST...big books, etc.

PLEASE DONT JUST LIST BOOKS! WRITE THE AUTHOR AND THE NAME AND GIVE SOME INFO ON THE BOOK!

thanks.

Favorite Answer

The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien

A prequel to Lord of the Rings, it tells the story of Bilbo Baggins and his adventure with a group of dwarves and Gandalf the Wizard. Its brilliant and the first book I will recommend for, well, everyone. :)

The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien

His famous trilogy where Bilbo's nephew Frodo goes on a quest of incredible danger and hardship to destroy the Dark Lord Sauron. I'm sure you've heard of it. :) Its really a brilliant read.

His Dark Materials - Phillip Pullman

A trilogy with the first book being Northern Lights [published as The Golden Compass in North America]. Similar to Narnia in some ways and vastly different in others it is about 2 children, Lyra & Will who have epic adventures in parallel universes that also contain magical elements. A very good read.

The Narnia Saga - CS Lewis

Consist of 7 books, the first one book published was The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe but CS Lewis himself suggested reading The Magician's Nephew first. A good story of 4 children who find an enchanted wardrobe and enter a magical realm through it. Personally its not a favourite but I know many people who loved it.

Stargirl - Jerry Spinelli

Its about a girl who moves to a new place and all the ways she changes the town and all the people there. Its really good from what I've heard [haven't read it myself yet].

If you haven't yet, you can try the Harry Potter series, also very good.

Any books by Roald Dhal is definitely worth the effort.

1 Watership Down, By Richard Adams. A great book about a group of rabbits who escape from their warren from forthcoming danger.

2 The Redwall Series By Brain Jacques. A great series.

3 Midnight's Children By Salman Rushdie. A book about a child born on the exact moment India gained independence.

hope you like them.

Source(s): me

The Gallagher Girls saga by Ally Carter. It's a really good teenage saga that is funny, but has romance, fighting, a little horror,

First book:

"I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You"

"While the Gallagher Academy might say it's a school for girl geniuses, it's not: the school holds a dark secret. But what happens when a Gallagher Girl falls in love with a normal boy?

Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is a fairly typical all-girls school—that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students receive extra credit for breaking PIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses, but it is really a school for spies. For the girls, extra credit is breaking CIA codes, and P.E. isn't dodgeball or running, but sparring and learning how to be a spy. Cara Morgan a second-generation Gallagher Girl, and by her sophomore year she is already fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways (one of which involves a piece of uncooked spaghetti). But the one thing the Gallagher Academy hasn't prepared her for is what to do when she falls for a boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl, Josh."

The saga is so good, the first book was optioned for film by Disney and recently been announced to be in production by Walden Media.

1st book: I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You

2nd book: Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy

3rd book: Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover

the protector of the small series is good. its aout this girl who wants to be the first lady knight since the king wrote a law stating that girls could try for knight hood. the series is all about her struggles through the years that she tries and how she stands up for those who cant defend themselves. it concludes with her defeating one of the crowns major enemies. its written by tamora pierce and is a four part series.

another good one is called the swan maiden. its about this baby girl who was blessed to grow up to be a woman of extroardinary beauty but was cursed that she would bring ruin to the kingdom. the king goes against the councils wishes and hides her away so that she can fall in love with no other man. when she finally escapes she finds herself traveling with soldiers, who also happen to be brothers,including the handsome naisa(pronounced neesha) who the girl falls in love with. thing one daring move results in the fleeing of the brothers and a battle of wits between the king and the brothers.

i hope this helps you alot:)

If you liked Twilight, I'm sure you'd love these books:

"Wake" by Lisa McMann. It's about a girl who gets sucked into people's dreams, and her struggle to fight them off.

"Fade" by Lisa McMann. It's the sequel to Wake. You won't be able to put these books down, I promise. xD

Also, try "A Certain Slant of Light" by Laura Whitcomb. This one is about a girl who died 150 years ago, but still walks the earth as "light." Then, she meets a boy who is one of her kind, but he inhabited the body of a young boy.

They are such good books. I highly recommend all of them.

Here are some links so you can check out the books:

http://www.amazon.com/Wake-Lisa-McMann/dp/14169535...

http://www.amazon.com/Fade-Wake-Book-Lisa-McMann/d...

http://www.amazon.com/Certain-Slant-Light-Laura-Wh...

Hope I helped! =]

If you haven't yet, you should read the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. It's possible to love Harry and Twilight, ya know. xD

you might try some ravenloft books or some dragonlance if u r into fantasy type books