Jess asked in TravelUnited StatesHonolulu · 1 decade ago

Need luau party help for my sweet 16 this summer.!?

hey! i'm having a sweet 16 luau party. very hawaiian/tropical theme. i need party ideas! fast! please help.

about my party:

this will take place early august in nj. it will be in my backyard with about 20 people. where we live about that time of the year, the sun goes down around 8 o'clock. the party starts at 4 and ends at 11.

what will take place:

the limbo

hoola hoop contests

relaxing by the pool

supplies:

silk flower leis

painted shells with guests' names on them

grass skirts

flamingo or palm tree table covers

beach balls

umbrella

sunscreen

blow up palm trees

plastic fish bowls filled with water, sand and rocks with a flower on top

tiki torches

beach chairs

towels

straws with umbrellas in them

aloha banner

palm tree center pieces

luau confetti

disposable cameras!

plastic silverware with a tie and flower around each

sunglasses

plastic tiki cups where i can write the guests' name on

fish net to drape around the back deck. here, there will be pictures of me growing up (mom & best friends are making me =/- what kind of pix should i pick out?), a list of all the guests names translated into hawaiian, pictures of hawaii, fake fish and shells...

food/drinks:

fruit kabobs

hawaiian punch

virgin pina coladas

i'm making chocolate covered strawberries, marshmallows and pretzels for dessert.

what kind of candy should i have to give out? i was thinking... air heads, gum, jolly ranchers, skittles, sour patch, sweet tarts, nerds, sweetish fish....

my invitation will be a cutout surfboard with the info on it.

am i missing anything? i want this party to really be perfect! even the littlest idea is appreciated!

need help with:

ideas about food

activities to do

decoration ideas

MUSIC IDEAS! THE LATEST TECHNO, PARTY MUSIC ALL NEEDED.

thank you!!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

u should also get SHAVED ICE! its a GREAT hawaiian dessert, sorta like a slushie, but wayy better. and also banana bread is a great hawaiian food. ;) and u could give out coconut candy, its really popular in hawaii. and hawaiian punch isnt really hawaiian lol.

Source(s): im obsessive with hawaii. wat can i say? lol
  • 5 years ago

Sounds like you have a lot planned already. You could do a cool photo op, like a surfboard and a pretty backdrop and people can stand there and get their picture taken. My friend had a tropical Wedding Shower and found alot of her supplies from Party City. Also look up Oriental Trading company online. For food you can't go wrong with a BBQ. Tropical infused dishes like coconut pineapple coleslaw, exotic fruit salad, and ham with pineapple would be really good. Get tiki lamps and have them around the yard. It'll look really nice when it's dark and they're lit.

• 1 decade ago

for ur musik needs

hit awp UNITED DJS

it will be funn ;]

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.