Other than honorable discharge from Army?

My boyfriend received an other than honorable discharge from the Army in January of this year for a certain incidence. He says that he has a chance for re-enrollment in the Army in 6 months, but they might not take him back. Is this true? And if so, is there anything he can do to somehow clean his record now until... show more My boyfriend received an other than honorable discharge from the Army in January of this year for a certain incidence. He says that he has a chance for re-enrollment in the Army in 6 months, but they might not take him back. Is this true? And if so, is there anything he can do to somehow clean his record now until the re-enrollment time comes up? I really want him back in the Army. Thanks

BTW, I only want answers to my question. Nothing about my relationship with my boyfriend, please. That's not my concern nor yours.