英文 succeed 和組成的用法
誰可以告訴我 succeed 有哪些用法 和甚麼意思 像是succeed in or succed as ?
組成像是 A is composed of B (A由B所組成)
我想要知道其他待換詞 像是consist comprise 的用法(A由B所組成)
請問一下 沒有 succeed as 這個用法嗎?
- GGPTLv 51 decade agoFavorite Answer
(1) NOT TO Faill: to do what you have tried or wanted to do. ex: I am sure you will succeed
if you work hard.
a. Succeed in doing sth: Negotiators have not yet succeeded in establishin a ceases-fire.
b. Succeed only in doing sth: to fail and do the oppositte of what you had wanted.
e.x.: You have only succeeded in upsetting your mother.
(2) HAVE A GOOD RESULT: to have the result or effect something was intented to have.
e.x.: The anti-smoking campaign has only partly succeeded.
(3) REACH A HIGH POSITION: to do well in your job, especially because you have worked
hard at itfor a long time.
[+ as] I am not sure she has the determination to succeed as an actor.
[+ in] Women need to be tough to succeed in the male-dominated world of business.
(4) FOLLOW IN A POSITION: to be the next person to take a position or rank after someone
succeed sb as sth: Gingrich will succeed Foley as speaker of the house.
(5) REPLACE: formal to come after and replace something else.
ex.: a new generation of computers designed to succeed their existing range.Source(s): Dictionary of contemporary English
- 1 decade ago
He succeeded in getting the job.
Our plan has succeeded.
The millionaire's eldest son will succeed to his estate.
The storm was succeeded by calm.
The younger man will succeed Mr. White as director.