Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why are fire trucks red?

Okay there really is a correct answer for this and it's like "Cause that's the color they wanted them to be." or "Who gives a ****" If you can give me the right answer I will give you 10 points but it has to be right. I'll give a hint, it's very odd and long. :D GO!!

Lol, it's very long and detailed...and quite silly really. Ask a kid maybe! It wasn't make since so if you;re thinking of safety reason your wrong, it's really long, silly, and random. Good luck.

These are logical answers. But give me a silly one! It had to do with Queen Elizabeth, fish, seas, and fins! It's really long and silly. :)

Favorite Answer

Cause there's eight wheels on them and four people, and four plus eight is twelve, and twelve is a foot and a foot is a ruler, and Queen Elizabeth was a ruler, and Queen Elizabeth was also a ship, and the ship sails the sea and in the sea is fish and fish have fins, and the Finns fought the Russians and the Russians were red and that's why firetrucks are red.

Source(s): I also know this joke?
  • lacy

Why Are Fire Trucks Red

ACTUALLY: There is a real reason.

A long time ago, I was reading that Fire Trucks are red, because Red paint was the cheapest color paint back then! Go Figure! XD

"Before firefighting was a paid profession, most communities were served by volunteer fire departments. These firemen didn't have much money to spend on upkeep, and at the time red was the least expensive color of paint. Red wasn't the only color used, however. Before it merged with the force in Manhattan, the Brooklyn Fire Department painted its apparatus a two-tone green to distinguish them from the red apparatus of the Metropolitan Fire Department. Today, there are still different colored fire engines, but red is the most common color out of tradition." - www.firehouse.com

Cause there's eight wheels on them and four people, and four plus eight is twelve, and twelve is a foot and a foot is a ruler, and Queen Elizabeth was a ruler, and Queen Elizabeth was also a ship, and the ship sails the sea and in the sea is fish and fish have fins, and the Finns fought the Russians and fire trucks are always rushin' around.

This is the answer you are looking for:

Fire trucks are red because newspapers are red. Newspapers originally cost 25 cents. Half of 25 is about 12. 12 inches are in a foot. A foot is a ruler. Queen Elizabeth was a ruler. Queen Elizabeth was also a ship. Ships are in the ocean. Fishes are also in the ocean. Fish have fins. Fins fought the Russians. Russians are red and that's why fire trucks are red. They are always rushing.

I've memorized it ;)

It's actually

Cause there's eight wheels on them and four people, and four plus eight is twelve, and twelve is a foot and a foot is a ruler, and Queen Elizabeth was a ruler, and Queen Elizabeth was also a ship, and the ship sails the sea and in the sea is fish and fish have fins, and the Finns fought the Russians and the Russians were red and firetrucks are always Russian around.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why are fire trucks red?

Okay there really is a correct answer for this and it's like "Cause that's the color they wanted them to be." or "Who gives a ****" If you can give me the right answer I will give you 10 points but it...

Source(s): fire trucks red: https://knowledge.im/?s=fire+trucks+red

Let's not forget that all fire trucks/engines were once horse-drawn. They had no sirens, but they did have a bell. The combination of the red colour and the bell was enough to make other waggons get out of their way. With the advent of the siren and flashing lights, the red color was no longer necessary and fire trucks could be, and are, any colour they want.

This is the way my Dad taught it to me - - -

"You ask me why fire engines are red? I'll tell you why fire engines are red.

Newspapers are red (read), too. And two and two is four, and four times three is twelve. Twelve inches is a foot. A foot is also a ruler. Queen Elizabeth is also a ruler. Queen Elizabeth is also the name of a ship. A ship sails on the sea, and there are fish in the sea. Fish have fins, and the Finns fought the Russians, and fire engines are always rushin' around. And THAT'S why fire engines are red." :)

It is red because it gets your attention also it is the color of fire so you know there is a fire than you can pull over thank you