Landing a government job?

I am hoping someone has some advice on how to leverage off of my accounting education and experience to land a job with the government. I have an undegrad degree and masters degree in accounting. I am currently in my second year with a big four accounting firm. I am open to relocation and have applied for a few jobs with no luck. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions that can help me? Thanks.

Best Answer

Have you looked into the accounting or auditing positions at your state capitol level? There may also be positions at the State Department of Education in your state or even your state tax commision. Also a place to try would be the Internal Revenue Service.

Source(s): I have worked for the state department of education in my state and they have auditors. The state tax commision building was the building next to the education building.