promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
KcT asked in SportsWinter SportsSnowboarding · 1 decade ago

Length of a jib/street board?

I got a burton dominant in a 159 for riding the whole mountain. I wanted it a little longer because I thought the 156 would be a little small for all mountain (5'10'' 200lbs). Next year I'm making the burton custom my mountain board and the dom my rail jam/street board (if I come across a nice rail or ledge or something). I know the 159 is a big jib board, but will it make urban stuff a lot harder? Thanks.

Update:

I went with the dominant because I like to ride the park and wanted a more park specific board. I got it in a 159 so that it would have more stability on the mountain.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Simple answer... yes, You could size down more near 154 for a jib specific board, Still kind of wondering why you decided to get the dominant as an all-mountain board and sized it at 159..

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

159 is big but it shouldn't be that big of a problem for you unless your doing some super technical rails and jibs. you should be alright, 156 is about what you want for you size as far as all mountain goes, unless your riding some super deep pow. you'll be alright

• 1 decade ago

id get a 157

• 6 years ago

sophisticated issue. do a search from bing and yahoo. that will might help!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.