KcT asked in SportsWinter SportsSnowboarding · 1 decade ago

Length of a jib/street board?

I got a burton dominant in a 159 for riding the whole mountain. I wanted it a little longer because I thought the 156 would be a little small for all mountain (5'10'' 200lbs). Next year I'm making the burton custom my mountain board and the dom my rail jam/street board (if I come across a nice rail or ledge or something). I know the 159 is a big jib board, but will it make urban stuff a lot harder? Thanks.

I went with the dominant because I like to ride the park and wanted a more park specific board. I got it in a 159 so that it would have more stability on the mountain.

Favorite Answer

Simple answer... yes, You could size down more near 154 for a jib specific board, Still kind of wondering why you decided to get the dominant as an all-mountain board and sized it at 159..

159 is big but it shouldn't be that big of a problem for you unless your doing some super technical rails and jibs. you should be alright, 156 is about what you want for you size as far as all mountain goes, unless your riding some super deep pow. you'll be alright

id get a 157

sophisticated issue. do a search from bing and yahoo. that will might help!