Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Assisted suicide perspective?

What are your views on it?

If you're opposed, why?

Isn't it the person's choice to live or not?

10 points to most in-depth answer =)

Favorite Answer

Well, I agree with a person's right to terminate their life if they are in a physically desperate or terminal situation. Absolutely. Who am I to tell someone whose mind functions keenly but has to be fed and changed because they are as helpless as an infant that they have to continue because of the sanctity of life? It's their life to do what they want to with it.

Of course suicides that are mentally desperate and that can be helped are a different story. There is hope there and the individual doesn't have the capacity to realize it.

But the question is about ASSISTED suicide, and that is where the opposition sees it as a slippery slope. Can you aide in someone's suicide? On the surface the answer would be an empathic "yes". But their argument follows that what if you are a caretaker or relative who decided to end someone's life and call it "assisted suicide"? Of course there is also the argument that no one should ever end their life, that is also why some oppose assisted suicide. But again, I don't agree with that.

Overall those that assist someone with suicide should, hopefully, be seen as someone who is mercifully enough to help a fellow being in need. And I think it is probably tougher than it seems, to help someone end their life. I hope I never have to be in that position. But I hope if I am asked I am brave enough to do it. And, God forbid, if I ever need it then I will have someone available to help me.

I am opposed to it unless it's for reasons such as a terrible disease or possible future pain (like a soldier that is about to get caught by his enemy). If it's just out of selfish reason (depression), then I think it is wrong. It affects their family members in a way unimaginable.

hey...great question. first of all. i'm no longer completely religious yet i'm religious. i'm for well-being practitioner assisted suicide if the affected person is mentally there to make the call with out any duress and clearly with the case you're speaking approximately he became in finished psychological readability to make this decision. He had to take the barbiturate's himself with out help and as a result ending his very own existence alongside with the respirator change. to those who make an opposition to this who're making use of God or faith my factor is this. God is the finality of all of it. enable him do his interest, and enable human beings make there very own alternatives, inspite of each and every thing God important jobs is of very final judgment is it no longer? no longer fellow adult men. It angers me although because of the fact I see many human beings taking this out of as though they have the final to choose yet another and condemning others while they have not any ideal. medical doctors who choose for to help people who choose for to die through suffering could be allowed to and shielded from repercussions of different relatives. medical doctors WHO do no longer choose for something to do with it could have that comparable decision of to no longer help somebody the two. I do have faith although having it criminal is a lots kinder and extra secure way than in line with danger having the guy attempt issues that are and could be extra good for the relatives to work out and for the guy ending up his very own suicide. enable a guy or woman have this ideal to pass peacefully in the event that they so choose, in a secure and non violent way surrounded by making use of love as a replace of death on my own. those are my strategies. Peace

I do think it's the person's choice to live or to not live. I think that people who think it's an utterly ridiculous right, or who don't see a reason for it are simply selfish. They don't stop to think that perhaps not everyone has the same religious beliefs as them, the same morals as them, and they never stop to think that it's okay to not be the same as them. I loathe people who think it's "my way or the highway".

That is selfish, and unnecessary.

I certainly wouldn't kill myself, but I sure as hell want the right to do it.