Can I get charged without a credit card?

OK OK I'm kinda freaking out

I got suckered in filling out a form to get a free gift card

Yes I was a sucker.

Anyway

They kept on taking me to different thing to fill out.

I had to fill out this one page that I didn't really read

I thought it was just some advertising BS

I then later read the fine print saying they will charge my phone company 15 dollars a month for this service.

Yes Im a sucker I know I know.

But the real question is can they charge my phone company based on my email and phone number ALONE with no credit card.

Or are they just going to spam me. (keeps fingers crossed)

Im so nervous right now.

And Yes I'm NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! going to do a thing like that again lol

• Peter
    Best Answer

Sadly, yes, they can. This is a form of "cramming." Cramming is an illegal activity where your phone company will add charges to your bill for services you did not authorize. Therefore, this practice isn't really "cramming" per se, since your telephone company is not the one issuing the charge.

Unfortunately, it can be very hard to get your money back in this sort of situation. Your best bet is to just try and keep them from charging you MORE money.

You should attempt to contact the company and tell them to cancel the service, as you did not really want it. If they refuse to cancel the service or give you the run around, consider sending a registered letter to them requesting (again) to cancel the service.

If all that fails, another option is to take them to small claims court, which is actually much easier than you might think. In most cases the fees for small claims court are about $50-100 and it does NOT require a lawyer. You can head over to your county clerk and get some great information on the process in your area and help from people there if you want more information (as I'm not a lawyer and I don't even try to play one on the internet).

Remember, that just because you signed the form doesn't mean you knew you what you were getting into. Don't feel like just because they might wave the form at the judge means you're going to lose. Especially if they kept charging you after you asked them to stop.

See my sources for more information.

Good luck!

Yes they can

They are charging through your operator so they'll just take it out of your bill

They will charge you 3 dollars per spam

NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR NUMBER ON THE INTERNET

its asking to be hacked

What you could do is find the stop number or ring their call center and explain

If they gave you the gift card then ok but seriously those ads arent there

Its a thing called znago adware

It goes to your computer and puts its image and url over the original ad

Its not illigal just dont click anything again

I know places that can charge to you're phone, but I'm not sure if they would have the authority. I do know services though on the internet that can charge you through your phone instead of a credit card or check.

I would say at the very least call your phone company and ask them if that's even possible.

Read the Terms of Service. Most likely it will charge your monthly. Quickly contact both your phone company and the scam company and request for it to be deleted immediately.

I'm sorry to say ive done the exact same thing! lol what you do is call your phone company and tell them what happened and call the company who is charging you and tell them you don't want their product. then you should be set up. if you don't do anything they will charge! and even after you do what i just said you might still get charged once.

Source(s): MY EXPERIENCE!

yes u can be charged, call up ur phone company and tell them that it was a scam, they should be able to block the transaction... if ur lucky and u get someone whos cool

yes your phone bill can be charged