I have houndreds of palm ree seedlings growing in my mulch covered yard, I need to kill them! How?

I went with low water landscaping in my front yard, and to try to save money, I got a couple of truck loads of "free Mulch" from a local tree trimmer. Unfortanatly, the mulch was full of palm tree seeds! now I have a couple of hundred, yes hundred little palm trees growing in my front yard. No way I can dig them all up! Any Ideas? Your more than welcome to com get "em! I gues you get what you pay for!

Favorite Answer

Kill them with round up. Use professional round up or its competitors (43% or more active ingredient) if you can afford to. With regular round up you'll have to spray them repeatedly for a couple weeks. Keep in mind that these products kill everything that is green so don't spray it on anything that you want to keep.

Funny thing, I have about 30 palm seedlings just growing along the side of my driveway, looks like someone came a long and just dropped a seed every couple inches, right next to the drive way. This is what I have done today. I tried pulling the first six but I have a feeling they will be back. I happen to have concentrated round up, so not to hit anything else using the spray method, I poured a little in a container and added a drop of dawn dish soap (I have heard dish soap makes things stick to the culprit), I soaked a cloth and saturated the palm sprout. I will now keep a close eye on the spouts and see what happens and I will continue to repeat the above process for a while to see what happens.

I also need to kill these seedlings, but I have dogs, cats and other animals in my yard, so I need something that takes this into consideration. I have pulled so many and haven't made a dent in them. This is the first time I have every had a palm tree that had seedlings like this, will it always be this way? Help please

If you are among men and women who want to develop a new framework and you want to grow to be a designer you should search right here https://tr.im/TWcWN and make use of the ideas contained in the Ideas 4 Landscaping guidebook.

With Ideas 4 Landscaping guidebook you will not only get the landscape that you want but also permit you to commit good quality time with your household simply because absolutely everyone will grew to become involved with your landscape project

If you want an outside spot practical and stunning , but you do not have reserved a budget for a specialist landscaping then this guide will be your ideal buddy.

You can pull them or paint (use a cheap or old paint brush) UNdiluted roundup on the leaves for definite murder. Spraying a more concentrated mix of r'up will do too, but don't get it on any other plant's foliage.