I get a blue screen then my computer shuts down?

Randomly my computer gets a blue screen with no error message and then my computer turns off. I reboot and everything seems fine till it happens again. Its getting really annoying!

Help please!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Teco
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

*When your computer is booting up, spam "F8" over and over. Eventually you'll get to a black window with white text. Choose "Start in SAFE MODE".

Now you're in safe mode

Click START

Click SETTINGS

Click CONTROL PANEL

Click SYSTEM

Click ADVANCED

Click START UP AND RECOVER

Uncheck "Automatically Restart".

Click OK

Click OK again

Now restart your computer. This time when it blows up, it won't restart, it'll stay on the Blue Screen. Write down the information on this screen. It'll have very detailed information about what's causing your machine to blow up.

Either google the error, or post a new question on here with the details.

• 5 years ago

I ignorantly called a tech support called iYogi. I couldn't get signed in on my computer. I looked up "free help" and got this iYogi somewhere across the big ocean. I explained that I did not want to pay or could not afford to pay for help. They assured me over and over and over there would be no charge for diagnostic check. I now longer can get into my recycle bin. I now have an iyogi icon that comes up with a line through my original MS recycle bin glass? Since then, I have had nothing but blue screen and black screen computer shutting down on its own?

• 1 decade ago

i had the same problem with my computer. Microsoft sent me a reboot disk and it works fine now. I guess it takes off whatever is making the computer act up off.

• 1 decade ago

ah yes the blue screen of death, time to reformat and wipe the hard drive and start fresh its the only way.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

All dude, you have a bad hard drive. Did you recently install something?? uninstall whatever you installed last and see if it still turns off.

• 1 decade ago

registry cleaner can get rid of the blue screens! my computer also had that problem,then i use the registry cleaner.now my pc is ok now!

http://clean-computer-registry-faster.info/Clickba...

http://clean-computer-registry-faster.info/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.