Planting green pepper seeds from a store pepper - can it be done?

I bought a huge, nice looking green pepper from the store and kept the seeds from it (since mid-winter). I was hoping to plant them and reproduce the same quality pepper. Is this possible or do you think the pepper was hybrid and/or can't be reproduced? In the past, I've planted pepper seeds from seed... show more I bought a huge, nice looking green pepper from the store and kept the seeds from it (since mid-winter). I was hoping to plant them and reproduce the same quality pepper. Is this possible or do you think the pepper was hybrid and/or can't be reproduced?

In the past, I've planted pepper seeds from seed packs I got at Lowes or Home Depot and never had much luck. My pepper plants were always weak.
Update: Well, my kids and I planted the seeds from the grocery store and I went back to Home Depot and planted ones from a pack. We are going to have a contest to see which one wins or turns out the best.