Recipe for Chocolate Covered Cordial Strawberries?

I have been searching for a recipe for chocolate covered cordial strawberries. I have had them many times in Western PA in local candy shops and when Horne's Dept store was in business...they are just like a cordial cherry. I know they are wrapped in a fondant, dipped in chocolate and you have to let them set to make the "liquid". I tried them once and they all broke. Any help??

Best Answer

Ingredients:

1 (14-ounce) package dark coating chocolate

24 large strawberries with stems, rinsed and patted dry

Preparation:

Melt coating chocolate in the microwave according to manufacturer's directions, but usually at 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth.

Lay out a large piece of waxed paper on a flat surface. Make sure the strawberries are at room temperature and are as dry as possible. Holding the berries by the stem end, dip into melted chocolate, swirling to make sure all sides are coated. Lift out of the chocolate and let drip a second or two and place on waxed paper to dry completely.

While chocolate-dipped strawberries are best eaten the day they are made, they can be stored for a day by lining the bottom of a plastic container with waxed paper and placing a single layer of berries on it. Top with a second piece of waxed paper and another layer of strawberries. Repeat until the container is full. Top with more waxed paper and the container lid. Place the strawberries in the coldest part of the refrigerator and eat within one day of making them.

I have used a recipe for Cherry cordials and it works great. Make sure your strawberries are ripe but not soggy.

Also, since they are so big, I have cut them in half or even fourths and it works really well. I put them in small foil candy holders like tiny cupcake holders and let them sit for at least 3 days to get really liquidy.

Those are just chocolate covered strawberries. Cordial strawberries are liquid in the center