Can Mac computers get porn viruses?

I share an iMac with a roomate-- and I know he is on some unfamiliar ghetto porn websites (just kidding), but he does look at porn from some of the more "popular porn sites," (apparently these are: Redtube, YouJizz, and Eskimotube, lol) where you don't download the videos but just look at them... show more I share an iMac with a roomate-- and I know he is on some unfamiliar ghetto porn websites (just kidding), but he does look at porn from some of the more "popular porn sites," (apparently these are: Redtube, YouJizz, and Eskimotube, lol) where you don't download the videos but just look at them online.. Anyways, I know he uses Limewire (not really anymore), but maybe he downloaded a few pornos from that back when he was on it (I dont know, just guessing). We have always had popup blocker on I think, and clear Firefoxes cookies frequently.

Either way-- our computer may not have any virus at all, it just acts slower than usual (about 3 years old, and most of the hard drive is taken up-- so that could be why, but my friends old iBook lasted 7 years!). None the less, I would like to get the system checked to see if we have a virus.. Are Mac computers (Mac OSX) susceptible to such viruses? We use Firefox-- also, is there a system check for APPLE computers that we can run to see if anything bad is detected? Once we do this, will just clearing the file in the trash erase the problem, or no?

Thanks for dealing with all the questions
2 answers