I live in missouri and work in illinos how do i file my taxes?

I work in edwardsville il, But live in south county st louis, mo. I was wondering how i file my state taxes. Since all my taxes from my checks go to il but i have to pay mo taxes since i live there. Just wondering am i going to pay two states taxes or do i get credited from ill. Also what forms i need to file to get this credit or whatever it is going to be. Since i don't live in ill.

Favorite Answer

File 1040 with IRS. Then use that info to file nonresident Illinois and resident MO. Illinois Department of Revenue has info at their website and you can free efile.

Source(s): tax pro