Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

What can you do with a film and television degree?

I am trying to decide on a major but I don't know how easy a job with a film and television degree would be. Are there any jobs other than like director and writer?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A job in Film and Television will NOT be easy.

I earned a degree in Film & Television, waited tables for five years, before earning my teaching license. I now teach high school Film and TV.

There are NO JOBS.

Look: People with MBA degrees are finding it hard to find jobs in this economy - do you really think a degree in Film & TV will help you?

"We must put behind childish things."

- The Bible

• 4 years ago

USC additionally. Request education from their admissions workplaces, and visit sometime during eleventh grade if achieveable. on your education, pay particular interest to English and history. If there's a drama software, get into it. examine performs, and study the a number of faculties of appearing (Strasberg, Meisner, Hagen, and so on). you're able to be properly versed in this education, in case you plan to be an actor, director, author, or director of pictures. As for residing, you're tremendously lots beholden to the city limits of l. a.. %. your community.

• 1 decade ago

It depends on what you like to do. For example, the travel channel is always looking for people that like to travel to do stories via film. They even have a film school if that's what you're into.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.