Affidavit of Support: joint sponsor please help?

hi, i'm the petitioning sponsor but currently became unemployed so cannot support my beneficiary. my step dad agreed to joint-sponsor her. now i know that i must complete the form I-864 and also me and my step dad has to fill out the form I-864A. but does he also have to file separate I-864 itself? i'm confused. please help. thank you. we're trying to file this very soon. appreciate your helps, folks

• HJW
    Favorite Answer

here is the info:

All sponsors must submit the following documentation with their I-864:

Proof of current employment or self employment

A photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax return for your most recent tax year, or an explanation if it is not submitted. Your W-2s and/or 1099 forms may also be required, see the I-864 instructions for details.

You may also, at your option, submit a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax returns for your second and third most recent tax years if you believe these additional tax returns may help you establish the ability to maintain your household income at the governing threshold set forth in Form I-864P, Poverty Guidelines.

If you are using the income of persons in your household or dependents to qualify as a sponsor, you must also submit a separate Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member, for each person whose income you will use.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5a...

keep link above it will come handy in case more info is needed.

18-years previous? why oh why do you prefer to get married? i think of a sworn fact out of your dad is mandatory considering the fact that i'm assuming you will stay with your loved ones. pupil visa might desire to help so which you would be able to dorm at a college.