eirelav asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

I need a stamina boost for martial arts grading. what foodstuffs can i take to give me that added energy?

the martial art grading is about 20 minutes long, but i'll be doing

2 times on both legs for 6 kicks for 2 belt levels.

so it's 48 jumping kicks. plus 2x routines, defences and punches

it requires alot of explosive force and stamina, which i already naturally lack. ( though i can run 2.4km in 13.20 min odd )

so about halfway through i feel drained.and dont have much energy to do the remaining stuff. and my performance at the end drops to a really crappy standard. which won't warrent a pass.

i drank 2 cans of red bull 20 min b4 the mock grading, (regular and sugar free) but i didn't feel any additional energy boost.

so any suggestion on foodstuffs that will boost my performance?

im a student, no money for special doc consultations..

i'll try out carb loading dosnt work for me, i tried it for my fitness test and i just got fatter.

fruits dont work also...

and singapore shops don't sell some stuff u guys suggested..or perhaps it tt i cant find them..

Favorite Answer

Did you try dextrose / glucose? Because of its chemical structure this sugar variant goes faster in the blood.

You should take about 0,5 - 1 gram per kg of body weight

http://www.dextro-energy.com/portal.asp

You can use honey instead, but the aforementioned product should be availabe everywhere.

As to red bull, I heard its no good. Basically useless ...

I have had this same question pop up in my life on more than one occassion by many different people. ALL martial arts, including the koryu (the ancient traditional schools), had a beginning. ALL of them were created by someone and refined by someone else and so on until we have what we have today. So for someone to make up a fighting style does not determine if it is a legit or illigit art. In my humble opinion I think that if someone creates an art and knows it inside and out and can both apply it effectively and teach others to do likewise then their art is as legitimate as Shotokan Karate and Shaolin Kung Fu. I agree that just because you have never heard of a style before it doesn't make it illigitimate. The world is a big place and we don't know everything, so to dismiss something prima-facia without knowing all of the facts is just arrogant and ignorant. It should be pointed out that in China there were many, many, many family styles at one point. A lot of families had their own secret fighting method that they started to teach others and either those methods died off, were changed, forgotten, or codified into something else. They can still be found today, though not easily. I know of one master that has inherited his style from it's original founder and believe me when I say that he is one of if not the most incredible martial artist I have ever seen. I think all people should be quick to listen and slow to speak. That way they may just learn something.

You really have to work on your diet and stamina. Don't worry about taking energy drinks for an artificial boost.

---

If you like energy drinks, I have found in my own experiences that "Rip It" drinks are really one of the better drinks out there for actual energy, and they are usually one of the cheaper ones available.

** if you are looking for a more sustained level of energy, take a B-complex (or Super Complex) vitamin with a cup of coffee.

The only thing that combination lacks that is provided by *some* energy drinks is a low dose of an amino acid. -- Ask a doctor or pharmacist about what you can take that is at a safe level if you decide to get a supplement for an amino acid. -- Depending on the drink, the particular amino acid gives the initial boost, and it is sustained by sugar, caffeine, and a large dose of B-vitamins.

A quality vitamin pill gives you a lot more benefit than a drink can as far as the vitamins/nutrients are concerned.

Spartagen XT is a testosterone booster formulated with natural ingredients promising to give the best results in boosting the testosterone level. The ingredients were harvested from herbs and other plants including the following:

Maca – This ingredient works on preventing the transformation or aromatization of testosterone to estrogen. Likewise, it’s also a perfect ingredient that enhance sexual craving.

Tribulus terrestris – This is one of the herbs that are essential for men. Studies demonstrated that this herb helps in the production of testosterone. That’s why many supplements in the market contains Tribulus terrestris as it can help in building lean muscles at the same time provides other medical advantages.

Tonkat ali – This herb grows in Malaysia and is commonly used as sexual enhancer. It also helps in promoting the testosterone level that is essential in enhancing the sex drive. Likewise, it also works on building and toning muscle as well as burning fat.

Chrysin – It prevents aromatization in order to preserve and maintain the testosterone level.

Korean red ginseng – This is a powerful herb that is used in enhancing the mental and physical execution. It also improves the sexual capability of an individual.

• Eddie

don't drink energy drinks real energy comes from vegetables like tomatoes, salads is good, carrots, etc.. Also fruits like strawberries, mango's, watermelon, pineapple. Also if you live around California go to a place called Jamba Juice. Its a place where you can drink smoothies that have energy boost. This helps me allot if I have a belt test or training. I drink it right before going to a belt test and I have tons of energy.

Also eat a good breakfast that requires oatmeal, milk, juice, and fruit this will give you tons of energy. Maybe eat a Subway sandwich that's good. And try to drink lots of water like at least more than two gallons, this will help your body to stay hydrated.

Also try to meditate. Relax control your breathing before going to a test and you will save and produce energy.

Do not drink Red Bull.

Eat some apples and nuts in small quantities throughout the day. Red Bull will just tire you out if you start off on that.

Bananas and Apples will help.

Well for one, i take martial arts to(tang soo do)

two: the energy drinks work, but don't . Like you will have lots of energey, then find ur self tired. Eat natural sugar (fruits)

eat the right amount of grains, dairy, vegtables.

I drink v8 and it does the trick for me

• Rob B

20 minutes and you need an energy boost?

Try increasing your carbs to 70% of your caloric intake for three days (aka carbo-loading). You'll have real energy to spare.

Try a protein shake before and after your workout. I mix Met-RX with milk and it seems to do the trick for me.

sugar mate.

if you can't hack 20 minutes of a grading...