BeBeMaMa asked in TravelUnited StatesPhoenix · 1 decade ago

TUCSON AZ residents - wats the job market like?

I lived in tucson a decade ago...can any CURRENT residents tell me how the JOB market is being effected there right now? (plannin to move back in june)

THANKS!

Favorite Answer

Tucson is doing MUCH better than Phoenix is. I read in the paper two weeks ago that unemployment here is around 6.3%, compared with over 8% in Phoenix. getting a job just depends on what field you are looking in. Construction and anything real-estate is obviously still bad, but other fields, like medical and engineering seem to be holding on fairly well.

My sister just landed an accounting job at $42K last week. She spent about two months looking, and turned down stuff under $35K.

Source(s): Live here.
  • Louie

It seems pretty stable right now. I have not heard of any major layoffs going on.

The real estate market seems to be getting better. I've seen a lot more for sale signs going up.

Haven't heard of any base closings that might affect DM. If you are an engineer, I hear Raytheon is hiring.