Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearOther - Games & Gear · 1 decade ago

i don't no weather to get a xbox 360 or ps3?

1, with the ps3 n xbox 360 things i don't no which one to get, with the xbox i want to get it chipped if i get one so i don't have to pay $100 for a game but the ps3 is less confusing then a xbox.

which one should i get can i have reasons to your answers aswell please? and do they sell the same games or are there games only for ps3 or xbox 360.

Favorite Answer

If you want a feature packed console, PS3 is the answer. People usually prefer a 360 cause of it's low price tag and online features. PS3 is the ultimate media hub out there. Blu-Ray, Wifi, Bluetooth.7.1 channel support via HDMI 1.3 (360 has 1.2), ultimate gaming hub.... all features required for it to be a media center.

By the word 'chipped' I think you mean 'flash' so it can play pirated ISO files of games. I seriously don't recommend doing it. Not only do you get banned from Xbox Live, they also can permanently lock you out of using the net service. M$ usually sends updates and threatened all users that if they find anything fishy, they can even lock the console (also, all warranty service provided by M$ will be taken away... and 360's break a lot. Mine has broken 3 times.. something called RROD breaks them.. nearly 1 in 3 360 gets it and so warranty is essential).

Also, PS3 and 360 games cost around 55-60$ and not 100$.

Games: Currently, 360 has more games cause it was released a year earlier. But in terms of quality games, both have equal numbers of them. 360 has Halo whereas PS3 has Killzone 2, 360 has Gears 2, PS3 has MGS4.... But if you ask me which will eventually have better games, then the answer is PS3.

Sony is and will continue to win the exclusives battle due to their first party exclusives. This is where Sony is seriously out classing M$. Since this generation started M$ has been losing first party studios like Bungie and Bizarre while Sony has added studios under their umbrella such as Guerrilla and Evolution. Sony is smart, instead of wasting tons of cash on timed exclusive deals for third party games they've invested that cash into their first party studios that will make games that will ALWAYS be on systems named Playstation. I heard that Sony has more studios under their roof than M$ and Nintendo combined. With studios like Guerrilla, Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Polyphony Digital, Team Ico, etc. making first party titles for Sony you know that their systems will always have quality games.

Sony has upcoming exclusives like Infamous(A GTA kind game, but you have super powers!!!), MAG(support 256 online!!!), GOD OF WAR 3(Do I have to say anything.. biggest game ever!!), Quantum Theory(a TPS like Gears), Uncharted 2(will be bigger than the first one. It will also have better graphics than KZ2!!), GT5 (again the best racing game on full HD!!),FF vs 13 (though FF13 is multi-plat, vs 13 is still a PS3 exclusive and FF titles do rock). This when compared to 360's line up which consists of Halo:OSTD, Alan Wake and Ninja Gaiden 2 , is a juggernaut. (EDIT: NG2 isn't a 360 exclusive, it's been announced for the PS3 as well.)

So I feel, Sony has the edge over the games department.

Apart from exclusives, there are multi-plat games. Nearly 90% games released are multi-plat (that is released on both consoles). But, people usually see which has more exclusives lined up and buy it as exclusives as name suggest comes only on one platform

Online: 360 has better online I must admit. I personally prefer my 360 over PS3 in online. But the PSN is getting better day by day and offering more and more features with every update. Also, PS3 ONLINE is absolutely FREE unlike the 360 which charges 50$ annually. Though, 360 is better at online, PS3 isn't far away.

Reliability: Again a place where PS3 blows the 360 out of the water. I own a 360 and the thing has broken 3 times till date whereas my PS3 which ironically is a year older to my 360 is working well. So, again PS3 wins here. 360's have 33% failure rate whereas PS3 has 0.2%

So overall, PS3 wins according to me. It just gives so much more than a 360. It just a matter of time when Sony announces a price cut and then the PS3 would be some what affordable. But, if I am going to spend approx 300$ on a console (please don't tell that arcade costs 250 cause there isn't even a drive in it), I would consider shelling 100$ more and getting the PS3 cause it's future proof.

• Creath

to XYZABC, you need to get your facts right

First off, the ps3 only has a couple games, i mean it took the ps3 this long just to get a couple of good games, really

When the 360 first came out, there was already classics like cod 2 and deadrising

Plus, no one said a blu ray player would be a good thing.

All blu ray dvd cost more money then a regular dvd, and you have to remember that you will need an expensive hd tv too

For 360 online play, yes i have to say it is better, but 50 a year isnt good, but you do get better online anyway and then there live arcade , which the ps3 has almost none of

Another thing, the wireless adapter inside the ps3 is nice, but its wireless, so that means your going to have to buy a expensive wireless recieving router just to make it work ( for the record im not trying to make it sound like the 360 is better )

But there is still no where near as good as a libary of games for the ps3 as there is for the xbox 360, so i dont know why your saying the ps3 will have better games and be the leading console in games later on

Also, i really doubt the whole having any bluetooth headset is that big of a deal, and there third party so the quallity and the price will be bad

But what go me to answer this is that you said the ps3 failures rate was .2 and the 360 was 33.3. thats a lie. There are a lot of ps3s out there that suffer from a bad connection from a headset or a controller, and remember that the ps3 just got rumble back on SOMe games, not like the 360 which has rumble on all of them

right now, the failure rate on the 360 is a lot less when the 60 gb package started selling, and if the 360 really did have a 33 percect failure rate which is closer to 50 then it is to 0, i really doubt that it will sell at all, which reminds me of how the 360 sells more then the ps3, but i know i had it had a one year head start, but if the ps3 was as good as your saying it is, i think it would have at least catched up if not surrpassed the 360 selling rate'

IN the end, think of it like this

If you won a contest a say you wanted a ps3 and got a 360 instead, you really go and sell it because your that stubborn? To anyone without a system, i really think they wouldnt care what system you gave them

IF you ever do get a playstation or a xbox 360, can you let me know

360 is cheaper and better ....dont waste your money on a 400-500 blu ray player..Not a fan boy , i own both systems and since i beat and got tired of mgs4 all ive used my ps3 for is a blu ray player..as far the above person said about the 360's failure rate of 1-3 get the red ring ...that is with the old systems the new ones have the falcon chip in it which has eliminated the red ring..so dont buy used!!! and make sure it was manufactured in 08

PS3 because it has a blu ray player and they cost about $200 alone. Xbox has better graphics but the PS3 offers more and also has a wireless modem so you can play online without having a jack in it. PS3 by far.

I have both so honestly i think 360 is better. PS3 has blu-ray but wasn't meant for it because it isn't the best blu-ray. Xbox has better online expierence. And the updates for PS3 take FOREVER. Xbox is WAY faster.

depends on what you need. Do you actually need bluray? Graphics are evenly matched, anyone who argues a system having better graphics has no real evidence. Other than metal gear solid, xbox gets most of the good exclusives, the controller is better, and Xbox Live shatters the ps3 in online content. I think the xbox is a better value. But again, its all about what you need.

buck for buck the ps3 bills approximately the equal as a xbox 360. The ps3 $399 the xbox $299, the ps3 is wi-fi ready for those who wish that onthe 360 upload $ninety nine. the ps3 community=loose, the xbox upload $50 in line with 12 months for entry. plus with the ps3 you get a blue ray participant, so i dont see how individuals say the ps3 is loat extra high-priced that the ps3. by means of my math the ps3 is inexpensive to possess

buy the 160gb ps3.

It comes with uncharted.

the ps3 have great games like

metal gear solid 4

grand theft auto 4

devil may cry 4

and many more.