Does anyone know their history?

I am tired of people not reading and learning what some thing means.

Like This:

Is the Confederate Flag a racist and hateful flag?

For many years, we in the Confederate Movement have been hearing the following,” the Confederate flag is a flag of hate and racism.” The opponents of this flag seem to hit a cord with the public, convincing them that we in this movement are some how racists and should be shund. I would like to counter their charges; I think you will be very surprised to learn what I have to tell you. For those of us in this movement, the Confederate flag is not a racist flag. Nor is it a flag of hate, it is the flag of our country, The Confederate States of America.

Charge # 1: “ The Klan flies the Confederate Flag.”

This is not entirely true. The main stream Klan does not fly the Confederate flag, only one or two Chapters fly the flag; and then they are not in the main stream. These chapters, have broken away from the regular Klan. By mainstream I mean, the one that has the most members. The flag that the Klan flies on a regular basis is the U.S. flag. The two chapters that fly the Confederate flag, are in Ohio and New York, both Yankee states. The Leader of the Klan has even sent out a memo not to fly the Confederate flag, it seems they don’t want to be associated with the flag; which is just fine with us Confederates.

Charge # 2: the Nazi’s also uses The Confederate Flag.

This is almost laughable, in all the Nazi rallies, I have never seen the Confederate flag used at all. The Nazi’s don’t use the Confederate flag, for the following reasons:

1. The modern day Nazi’s, or Neo-Nazis, still follow the teachings of Adolf Hitler.

2. Hitler outlawed the Confederate Flag in 1935; he understood what the Confederate Flag meant. His Government was a totalitarian and Centralist Government, The Confederate Flag stands for States rights and a non-Centralist form Government. I was reading a book that a friend gave me, it was the story of a Wilhelm Bucher. Mr. Bucher’s Great, Great Grandfather fought for the Confederacy. After the war, the elder Mr. Bucher went back to Germany. When Wilhelm Bucher flew his Confederate flag outside his Berlin House in 1936, the nazi’s S.A., (or Storm Troopers) came and took it down. They informed him that it was illegal for him to fly that flag. Not to be undaunted, he had two other Confederate flags. He then flew the First National Confederate Flag.

This time, the S.S. came for him. He was sent to Bergen Belsin, (this was before it became a Concentration Camp) for a period of two years. When he was released, he went home flew his third and last Confederate Flag. The Gestapo came for him this time, they took him to Gestapo Headquarters and shot him in Jan. 1939. So if it is the Flag flown by the Nazi’s some one hasn’t told them of the ban Hitler put on the Confederate flag.

Charge #3: The Confederate Flag flew over Slavery.

While this is true, the same can be said of the u.S. Flag. The u.S. Flag flew over slavery a full 70 years before the Confederate States of America came into existence. The Confederate Flag never flew over the Ships that brought the slaves over here. To top it all off, the Confederate States of America freed her slaves in 1863; the Federal Union didn’t do it until 1868 with the passage of the 13th amendment.

The Confederate flag was a more egalitarian flag than the Federal flag, in that it had integrated troops within its army. In the Federal army, the black troops served in their own divisions and served under white officers. These troopers saw very little combat; they mostly served in servile roles, serving mostly as laborers and personal servants to the white officers.

The Confederate Army used Blacks both as Soldiers and laborers, there were those white officers in the Confederate Army that had personal servants, but this was not the norm. The Black Soldiers in the Confederate Army were paid the same rate as the White Soldier, they were paid more If they served as laborers. Plus if the Black Confederate soldiers found any Northern weapons or equipment, they could sell them to the Confederate Army for about twice what they were worth on the open market.

Charge # 4: The Confederate Flag is an anti-Christian Flag.

This Charge again is laughable, The Confederate Flag is a Christian Flag.

In the picture above, you will notice the third National Confederate Flag. It is the last flag that the Confederate Congress voted into existence in 1864.

The X that you see in the upper left hand part of the Flag, is called the Cross of St. Andrews. This an off shoot of the Scottish National flag, a non-racial flag. For those who don’t know who St. Andrew was, he was a Follower of our lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To the best of my knowledge, he lived about 70 years after Christ was Crucified. He was slated to die by crucif

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The confederate crosses are harmless in themselves and have the meanings you say and like the swastika, they have a long and benign history But when they became the banners of the racist south and the Nazi party respectively, they were soiled by the philosophies of the people who hoisted them and so there it is. The swastika and the confederate flag have many years to go before they are rehabilitated enough for people to look at them as once again harmless and benign.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.