How can I make a Catholic high school uniform look cute?

Well, I have seen this question asked by many other people, however the school I'm going to next year has a uniform stricter than I've ever come across. I need ideas to make it look cuter and more unique. The following is the dress code directly from the school website. And as for the shoe options, I'm getting the PSU Cheerleader in black/white a.k.a. saddle shoes.

Summer Dress

• Socks: Knee Socks in solid white or solid navy blue only. Tights in solid white or solid navy blue.

• Skirts/Kilts: skirt or kilt, this must fall between 3 and 5 inches above the knee.

• Shoes: These shoes include only Buck Oxford, Wallabee, and PSU Cheerleader in black/white. No other shoe is allowed.

• Polo shirt (long or short sleeve) in light blue or white

• White or light blue oxford shirt (long or short sleeve) with school logo

• Letter Jacket (Optional)

Winter Dress

• Skirts/Kilts: skirt or kilt, this must fall between 3 and 5 inches above the knee. This measurement is taken when the student is kneeling erect on the floor. The measurement is taken from the floor to the bottom of the skirt. Parents are responsible for making sure skirts/kilts are in compliance per the measurement above, whether skirt/kilt is bought on line, at the store, or at the used uniform sale.

• Shoes: These shoes include only Buck Oxford, Wallabee, and PSU

Cheerleader in black/white. No other shoe is allowed.

• Students must wear one of these three items with their oxford 1.) I Sleeveless Vest, or 2.) Pullover or Cardigan Sweater, or 3.) Blazer with school patch attached on left breast pocket.

• Letter Jacket (Optional)

Hair Requirements

Men and women’s hair coloring must appear natural and may not be of an outrageous hue. (There's another two paragraphs limiting men's hair length and style and blah, blah... But that doesn't really apply to me so I'm skippin' it.)

Hats:

Students are not permitted to have or wear hats in the school building at any time.

Tattoos:

Students are not permitted to have visible tattoos. A student who obtains a visible tattoo must have it removed to remain a student.

Other Ridiculous Requirements

• Men and women may wear no more than two rings per hand.

• Women may not wear more than two earrings per ear.

• No visible body piercing except for ears is allowed. Students must remove any other piercing they have. They are not allowed to wear spacers.

• Male students are never allowed to wear earrings while on campus, whether before or after school.

Not that these uniforms are ugly or anything, but I'd appreciate suggestions on how to set my self apart from everyone else. I can't think of any because, as you may have noticed, they didn't really leave any loopholes. So, I'm in need of some help here. Please.

Favorite Answer

Wow! Your school has almost the same requirements as mine!

You should accessorize as much as possible without violating your school's policies. If they allow you to wear necklaces and bracelets, consider wearing some nice and unique ones. With your earrings, I am sure they won't let you wear huge ones. but wear a nice pair of earrings. Style your hair nicely and make sure to use nice make-up.

My school has us wear kilt skirts as well. These skirts are very bad in the wind but if you put a pin where the skirt overlaps, it can help to prevent the skirt from going up in the wind, and a nice pin can help make your skirt look a little better.

Take care and good luck! =)

Sarah T.

just make sure that you accessorize. not too much. but a navy headband with a white bow will always look adorable. necklaces. perhaps designer brand juicy, etc. if too expensive then go for forever21 you can always find cute and fun things there. do your hair and makeup everyday make it look cute. mac cosmetics are the best find bright and fun colors of eye shadow and you will be set! good luck!

Since i assume you are no longer in school tell, other girls their to not wear panties especially girls wearing the tights and other boys to not wear undies that go there.

i WOULD WEAR A SUPER TINY thong...cut the skirt out that everybody can see what you're wearing. Good luck.

Source(s): Jesus Christ