where can i find drivers for windows 98?

i have a problem, i cant run window xp anymore it just blanked out and i cant reinstall it or update to vista all i can run is 98 but i cant find drivers for 98 so if anyone could either tell me how to fix my problem or where to find drivers i would be grateful. if you need anymore info email me or messege me.

Favorite Answer

if you cant install xp or vista again ...

this mostlikely is because your filsystem has some corrupted data.

so formatting it and creating new fat32/ntfs will clear all.

so after you try installing it after format youll see it starts working againg and continue installing operating system without errors.

this is happening just because microft is not including a interactive auto format utility on their os'es .

alltough i recommend doing this using win98 install cd.

if you try to boot from win98 youll see there is a dos inside it.

so boot to it. you can do this using win98 format command .

but i prefer doing it using partition magic.

if you cant find it use format c:

this will do that work.

Wow. Windows 98 isn't even supported by Microsoft any longer.

There is software you can purchase that "claims" to be able to detect your needed drivers and send you to the correct web sites for downloads. I have never used them myself, and Windows 98 is back there quite a bit, so I don't know if the software would be worth the price when trying to find drivers that old.

Why don't you try to install windows 2000? 98's drivers are really not easy to find anymore, and I don't believe your computer decline your XP

Check ebay or craigs list and see if someone selling one. I was able to get help off craig list and to fix a WIndows Me problem.

just download the "Driver Forge" software or else just download the below most common 10000 Universal Drivers pack from the below site

http://4tech.info/downloads/more-than-100000-unive...

Source(s): 4tech.info/

Yes u surely can install .... if u want windows vista or xp .. please temme i can post them for u ... still m giving some links for drivers of windows 98

they really might help you ..

Hmm drivers?

Could you be more specific? For what devices you need drivers?