PLEASE HELP!!!VSA light coming on randomly on 06 accord coupe ex v6...what to do?

Recently my VSA light on my dash (the one that has the letters 'VSA' plus the exclamation point) has been coming up. I'm thinking possibly the sensor must be bad but when I call the dealer they have no idea what to tell me. Also, when this light is off and I turn off the car it disappears for a little while but will come back on. In addition, if the lights on and I turn the car off and turn it back on I usually have to pump the brakes several times to get the card out of gear. Please help!!!

Favorite Answer

This is going to sound funny, but your problem is not with the VSA. Here's what the dealer is missing in their diagnosis.

the way the Vehicle Stability Assist system works is that when a loss of traction is sensed (when one wheel is spinning faster than the other) then the control for the VSA starts to cut out engine cylinders to reduce the power to the wheel until traction is restored. When the control unit enables the VSA the exclamation point icon comes on and it will stay on until the engine is turned off.

Now for the twist--when the engine has a misfire that causes the engine to lose power then the VSA system "thinks" power is being reduced to restore traction and it puts the exclamation point icon on. So in essence, the VSA is being fooled into thinking that the system is enabled when in reality the problem is one of a reduction of engine power.

I have seen this numerous times on the Accords and Pilots. Almost always the problem is with the EGR valve. That doesn't mean that it is in your case, but my experience is that it usually is. Couple that with the history of EGR valve problems on the Honda V-6 and the the odds are strong that's what your problem is. However, anything that could cause a loss of power or misfire in an engine, such as an ignition coil breaking down or bad fuel could cause this problem.

In most States the things that can cause this problem are covered under a 3 year 50000 mile emissions warranty. I'd ask the dealer to do the diagnosis for an engine misfire and see where that goes.

hope that helps

• Laura

Get a No Cost Background Check Scan at https://bitly.im/aOjht

Its a sensible way to start. The site allows you to do a no cost scan simply to find out if any sort of data is in existence. A smaller analysis is done without cost. To get a detailed report its a modest payment.

You may not realize how many good reasons there are to try and find out more about the people around you. After all, whether you're talking about new friends, employees, doctors, caretakers for elderly family members, or even significant others, you, as a citizen, have a right to know whether the people you surround yourself with are who they say they are. This goes double in any situation that involves your children, which not only includes teachers and babysitters, but also scout masters, little league coaches and others. Bottom line, if you want to find out more about someone, you should perform a background check.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Recently my VSA light on my dash (the one that has the letters 'VSA' plus the exclamation point) has been coming up. I'm thinking possibly the sensor must be bad but when I call the dealer they have no idea what to tell me. Also, when this light is off and I turn off the car it...

Source(s): vsa light coming randomly 06 accord coupe v6 do: https://tr.im/M3kJf
  • Susan

DRAC.(For Droks Red Accord Coupe)

If the VSA system indicator comes on while driving, pull to the side of the road when it is safe, and turn off the engine. Reset the system by restarting the engine. If the VSA system indicator stays, or comes back on while driving, have the VSA system inspected by your dealer.

If the indicator does not come on when the ignition switch is turned to the ON (II) position, there may be a problem with the VSA system. Have your dealer inspect your vehicle as soon as possible.

Vsa Honda

it's probably a wheel speed sensor, which is necessary for the VSA (TCS and ABS) to function properly. go ahead and get it checked at a dealership

• Chad D

Open your manual. I'm guessing it has something to do with your ABS sensor being out.