Does Pilates Make You Taller ?

I heard that doing pilates stretches out your body, therefore making you taller.

Is this true ?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it's absolutely true. Just ten minutes of pilates three times a week will result in a height gain of anything between 8 and 14 inches.

No, of course it isn't true!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

If you think about your self “short” by society standards and really bothering you then you'll need a modify, an alteration that you will find here, https://tr.im/SeWtE .

Grow Taller 4 Idiots is an incredible book that you can help you grow taller by releasing the HGH hormone, irrespective of how old you are.

The HGH, the Human Growth Hormone is just a hormone that can you find normally in the individual body. Guys and women that are youngsters have a greater amount of HGH in their bodies as compared to older people. As you grow up, the total amount of HGH begins to fall rapidly.

HGH is responsible for height grow, developing muscles and also losing fat and that book may teach you how to do to produce it in your body.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am a huge Pilate's fan. I have Pilate's to thank for my body. It will help strengthen your inner core muscles and improve posture. Just by standing up straight you will appear taller, however nothing in life can actually make you taller. Height potential is decided at conception- nothing will increase it.

Source(s): Registered Nurse
  • Bye
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

LOL!

Lying down for a few hours does in fact make you slightly taller, and then you shorten back down during the day while you're upright.

Instead of Pilates, try a really long nap!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

100% Natural Grow Taller Technique : http://GrowTallerSteps.com

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i thought pilates rob u and make u walk the plank

Source(s): www.blackbeard does yogo.com
  • 1 decade ago

only 3 things will make you tall ( without high heels that is )

1 the rack

2 radical surgery

3 your genes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

pontius pilates

• 1 decade ago

pilates can help you stand straighter, but no, it doesn't really increase your height. that is genetically predetermined.

Source(s): RN
  • 1 decade ago

no you get shorter that's were midgets come from

Source(s): the national medical association
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.