Whats a good combat pistol that uses 45 acp rounds?

all these guns reliable?

Favorite Answer

look at the springfield xd 45acp. its a great gun due to its reliability, more "natural" feel, and accuracy. i have the xd 40 and i love it. ive shot over 3,000 rounds and not one jam. i would very much recommend the xd. just pick it up and you will feel how well it fits in your hand. its about in the 550 dollar range for the 45. the new springfield xdm has 14 rounds of 45acp . pretty good in my book. also look at a dan wesson. there better than kimber, but harder to find because there hand made. and there about 1100 dollars. good luck on your buy.

• Lee

I have the Glock 21 can't beat it's design no screws you can throw it across the room drop in in mud and it works great yes out of all my guns the Glock is the most reliable it's never jammed even with generic ammunition plus you can get the most add ons for it larger magazines laser sighting custom grips or colored grips I bought it when glock first came out with the 45 acp awesome knockdown power but slow round I also have a Thompson that uses that round too(tommy gun)

Im a big fan of the beretta who have just recently released the Beretta Px4 Storm SD takes the rounds your after

to bounce in on the hi-component debate... I as quickly as made the blunders of paying for a hi-component pistol (I traded it on .357 from a guy who purely had to have a semi). I were instructed that they've been "no longer undesirable weapons" yet have been, in the opinion of the shop clerk, a extra valuable value than the different low-value weapons on the shelf. What the hi-component is, is an extremely, very basic gun. Their blow-back operation is the least complicated of any semi-vehicle firearm layout, and this could desire to help out in the accuracy branch (relatively if shot from a vice, with the aid of fact the barrel is completely affixed to the physique). the disadvantage is the ergonomics. with the aid of blow-back operation they're exact heavy! they could no longer weight as much as a deer rifle, yet they sense like it with the aid of that slide on exact. It clunks backward and forward with each and every shot making perceived balk relatively extra advantageous. they do no longer look to be "properly made" they're made as affordably as achieveable and it does practice in case you examine out them. Mine became rather solid. Rounds could each and every each and every now and then nosedive into the feed ramp and get a failure to feed that became rapidly resolved with a "faucet". i've got faith this could have been fastened via tweaking the magazine, yet for what i became utilising it for it did no longer incredibly worry me. In end for the hi-component, they'll artwork and in the event that they're the only component you're able to have the money for they're extra valuable than no longer something. in case you may probable have the money for something else, i could relatively propose it. to relatively answer the question, you're able to looking a Rock Island Armory GI form for on the component of what you are attempting to pay. i latterly regarded at paying for a form of myself, yet after fondling it for a jiffy i desperate that it became no longer likely as stable a deal as i wanted it to be. yet another determination may well be a Taurus 24/7. They sense and shoot exceedingly lots. they'll carry extra photos than a 1911 will, yet you unfastened the look of the 1911.

Ruger P345 when I was in Iraq I had it with me

1911A1 or variants