Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

award prediction agee?

AL MVP: alex rodriguez, roids or not, a-rod is probably the greatest player in the game today (the only others who belong in the same sentence are albert pujols, manny ramirez, vladimir guerrero, and alfonso soriano)

other possibilities: vladimir guerrero, david ortiz, magglio ordonez, mark texeira, miguel cabrera, ichiro, jason giambi)

who won't win: dustin pedroia, matt holliday, justin morneau, grady sizemore, joe mauer, kevin youkilis, josh hamilton

NL MVP: manny ramirez: manny is a man on a mission with a lot to prove. if he can stay motivated, this should be the year he wins his first mvp trophy

other possibilities: albert pujols, chipper jones, alfonso soriano, lance berkman, carlos delgado, david wright, chase utley, hanley ramirez, barry bonds (if he were signed)

who won't win: jimmy rollins, ryan ludwick, jose reyes

AL cy young: daisuke matsuzaka: daisuke was spectacular last season. if he can limit his walks, matsuzaka would be unstoppable.

other candidates: roy halladay, roger clemens (if he were signed)

who won't win: cc sabathia (too many innings last year), cliff lee (won't duplicate last season), john lackey (already injured, overrated), ervin santana (inconsistent), aj burnett (injury prone), scott kazmir, chien-ming wang (overrated, career ERA is mediocre), mark buehrle

NL Cy young: roy oswalt: time for oswalt, this decade's best pitcher, to win a cy young. he looked horrible early last year but has found himself.

other candidates: johan santana, jake peavy, derek lowe, brandon webb, randy johnson (if he stays healthy)

who won't win: tim linecum (too many innings last year), carlos zambrano (on the decline), ryan dempster , rich harden (injury prone), cole hamels, chad billingsley, edinson volquez

comeback player of the year: gary sheffield

other candidates: john smoltz, mark prior, tom glavine, bartolo colon, kelvim escobar, brad penny, fausto carmona, travis hafner, erik bedard, andy pettitte, ken griffey jr., chris young

al rookie: david price

nl rookie: cameron maybin

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Way to early to start making predictions. You did forget one player for comeback player of the year. How about Chris Carpenter of the Cardinals.

• 1 decade ago

AL MVP - it won't be A-Rod. He'll miss too many games due to his hip surgury. I'm going to say Kevin Youkilis with Justin Morneau, Grady Sizemore, and Mark Teixeixara in the mix.

NL MVP - Manny has a chance but I think it will be Albert Pujols.

AL CY - I don't understand you reasoning here. You say Wang has a too high career ERA (3.79) but you don't mention Matsuzaka's ERA (3.72). You think Matsuzaka can duplicate his spectacular year but Cliff Lee can't? And if anybody can handle a lot of innings it would be CC. I say it will be between Roy Halladay and C.C. Sabathia.

NL CY - Johan Santana. With a revamped bullpen behind him we'll get a lot more victories.

Comeback - Sheffield is washed up. Look for Chris Carpenter. He's played 5 games the last two seasons but is supposedly 100% healthy now. He was the NL Cy Young winner in 2005. Another possibility is Fausto Carmona of the Indians.

ROY - I can see David Price and Cameron Maybin winning it. Price may get some competition from Matt Wieters and Elvis Andrus.

• 1 decade ago

Arod will miss the 1st month and half at least and when he does come back the first 2-3 weeks will be his Spring Training so he'll be hard pressed to put up MVP numbers in basically 2/3 of a season.

Daisuke Matsuzaka was extremely fortunate to go 18-3 last year considering the number of walks he gave. Eight other pitchers on the Red Sox had a better WHIP (Walks & Hits per Inning Pitched) than Dice-K's. John Lester would be a much better choice based on last year's performance.

Can't argue with Manny. But Roy Oswalt pitches for the Astros which figure to be one of the worst teams in the NL. Even if he pitches well, he figures to suffer with lack of run support and will lose out on victories because of it.

I'll go with:

CY Young NL: Brandon Webb

NL MVP: Aramis Ramirez

Cy Young AL: CC Sabathia

AL MVP: Evan Longoria

• I would have to disagree.

AL MVP: Morneau. If he hadn't had a huge September slump he would have won it last year

NL MVP: Pujols, no explanation needed. Ryan Braun and Hanlley Ramirez have an outside shot as well.

AL Cy Young: Roy Halladay, has consistently been one of the top pitchers in the AL. This year he'll get his due

NL Cy Young: Johan Santana, he won't get as many no decisions as he did last year

AL ROY: Hard to argue with David Price, but I'm going with Matt Wieters - This guy is going to be a stud

NL ROY: Cameron Maybin - He has speed, can hit for average and has some power. Looked decent last year.

Comeback player of the year: Fransisco Liriano or Griffey

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Sheffield isn't even on a team. Your pics are predictable and boring.

• 1 decade ago

i don't AGEE with any of your predictions, they are terrible

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.