Is my workout plan going in the right direction ? Feedback Plz?

26 yr old Male (of the darker decent lol...Afr. American) 6'0" (183 cm) 173 lbs / not sure how much fat % but i'm fairly skinny (esp. in my arms..I hate that the most) For starters i know I have some damn good genes when it comes to getting fit. For an example..when I was 18 i joined the... show more 26 yr old Male (of the darker decent lol...Afr. American)
6'0" (183 cm)
173 lbs / not sure how much fat % but i'm fairly skinny (esp. in my arms..I hate that the most)

For starters i know I have some damn good genes when it comes to getting fit. For an example..when I was 18 i joined the military and went to basic training and AIT which lasted about 6 months roughly. When i got to AIT i just started doing normal sit-ups, supine bicycle, dips, regular push-ups and elevated (diamond and fingertip). Just things like that using my own bodyweight with no weights. Three somewhat healthy meals a day that's it!! I looked and felt like a million bucks.. nothing could stop me. All without weights. My triceps were defined, my chest was very distinguishable and I had the energy of the FRICKIN SUN!!

But shortly after AIT was over...I stopped doing all that completely never hit a gym or did extracurricular activity besides the running that the army had use doing throughout the week which basically just kept you fit. No gains from running 6 - 7 miles a day besides the killer stamina (which is always very useful i might add ;)

I stopped doing that for 7 years!!! that was 7 years ago i was in AIT and it's been 7 years too long. Now I know lifting weights with heavy sets and less reps build mass, and I've done my research on Whey Protein 100% Natural, should be here in 3 days or so. I've purchased myself a road bike because I feel cardio before a workout actually gets me pumped up more. I have weights including two 35lb and two 25lb..including my weight bar which is 11'lbs or so ( curl bar, only thing i have right now ) adds up to 130ish. I figure i buy more weights later and that this should be enough to started.

I'm going for a high protein diet. I would like to get my weight up. Mass is just a little more of a priority than getting toned or cut.

Breakfast: ( I like my breakfast to be a big meal of the day so this would probably be the LEAST amount of what I will be consuming.)

Egg whites (Eggbeaters) 2 or 3 eggs worth..not sure yet depending on how full i get.

Turkey Bacon - 2 strips
1 orange ( vitamin C )
1 slice of wheat toast with peanut butter
1 cup of Welch's grape drink ( thats all i drink is Welch's..cannot stand sodas )
1 bowl of oatmeal ( Regular Quaker Oat with a DASH of brown sugar, that can't be helped ;D

And if that doesn't get me going i don't know what will. For lunch I was thinking of going light...maybe cook up some chicken fillets early in the week and bring a sandwich to work each day with a bottle of water and maybe some celery with peanut butter. Again, trying to keep the protein up. After lunch I would eat on cashews throughout the day sparingly. I heard that nuts and almonds alike are good sources of protein for you. And if cashews aren't a good idea, what is ? :)

As for dinner I would try to mix it up throughout the week..pasta one night...fish another night...baked chicken another. Most meals followed with some kind of greens i.e. brocolli...spinach...steamed carrots.

I read it's better to eat 5 - 6 meals throughout the day...I work commission so taking off to eat a meal even if it takes just 10 minutes. Not worth it in my book. So 3 square meals a day will just have to cut it. Will that play against me? or should i try getting a 4th meal in there somewhere?

As far as my workout routine I'm just going to go with what i know. I purchased a pull-up bar for the indoors, The one that hangs in the door frame and is just SO easy to use (can't wait til it gets here). The main areas I would like to see improvements on and will be focusing on more than any are as follows and they exercises I will do for each one.

Triceps - Dips til it burns like fire

Forearm - using my curl bar with the two 25lb weights for starters ( I actually in one point in the army could curl the two 75's ) 3 sets of 9

<<<Chest>>> - Push-ups / Push-ups / Push-ups....elevated, regular, diamonds, fingertips. These I will be doing all day most likely at work...at home bored, just anywhere. I haven't heard many cases where doing push-ups will hurt you. Of course after a day of heavy lifting i may take it easy on how many i do depending on soreness. Any other good techniques to get the He-Man chest is greatly appreciated but as far as i know push-ups done the RIGHT way with fully extended torso, head straight forward, no slumping in the middle and steady motion is one of THE most total body workouts you can do that will build the pecks

Ab workouts will include supine bicycle, obliques, crunches, flutter kicks starting at 2 sets each of 15....also, would I get better results increasing reps or sets when I'm dealing with the ABs? Would I gain more mass increasing weight, reps, or sets ?

Okay I know this is getting lengthy but just a few more minor questions..I'm trying to get all the info i can without consulting a professional trainer. Again thank you for your time, any feedback is hig