How do you make pf changs steamed dumplings?

I have chicken, beef, and veggies. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Well, this isn't PF Chang's recipe (have you checked their website for recipes?), but it's an excellent one for dumplings. You can use ground chicken instead of pork. Dipping sauce recipe included.

PORK AND GINGER POTSTICKERS

2 cups chopped napa cabbage

1/2 tablespoon salt

1/2 pound ground pork (Don't get lean pork, the fat is good for juicy and flavorful dumplings)

2 tablespoons minced ginger

1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic

2 tablespoons thin soy sauce

3 tablespoons sesame oil

1 egg

Round wonton wrappers

1 to 2 cups chicken stock or water

Sprinkle cabbage with the 1/2 tablespoon of salt and let stand for 30 minutes. Place the cabbage on a clean dishtowel or cheesecloth and squeeze out any water. The dryer the cabbage the better. In a large bowl thoroughly mix the cabbage with all of the other ingredients, except the chicken stock. Cook a tester to check the seasoning.

MAKING THE DUMPLINGS: Place a small mound of filling in the middle of the wrapper. (Be very careful not to touch the edges with the filling as this will impede proper sealing of the dumplings. Nothing is worse than dumplings breaking during cooking.) Fold the wrapper in half to form a half moon shape. Starting on one end fold/pinch the wrapper tightly together. Proceed with this fold/pinch method until the dumpling is completely sealed. There will be approximately 10 to 14 folds per dumpling. Rest the dumplings with the folded edges straight up.

COOKING THE DUMPLINGS: In a hot saute pan coated well with oil, place pot stickers flat side down and cook until the bottom is browned. Have pan cover ready and add 1 cup of chicken stock, cover immediately. Be careful, the liquid will splatter! The stock will steam the pot stickers. Check them in 5 minutes as more stock may be needed. The trick here is that once the dumplings are firm and fully cooked the stock will evaporate and the bottoms will crisp-up again.

For Dipping Sauce:

1/4 cup red-wine vinegar

1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce

2 tablespoons sugar

1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil

1 scallion, thinly sliced

2 teaspoons grated peeled ginger root

1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

I have heard so much about PF Changs that when one opened near my home, I couldn't wait to go there. I was a bit disappointed. I have a couple of local chinese restaurants near my home that serve food as good as if not better than PF Changs, and not any more expensive. I got Cashew Chicken, egg roll, tasted a pork dish my daughter got, but was not really impressed with any of it.