What was your favorite Bible Story?

You don't have to believe in God to like a certain Bible Story so Atheists are also welcomed to answer this question.

Best Answer

There are so many. David and Goliath because that if you have faith in God, no matter what the obstacle, He will help you overcome it. Job, cause of his faith. Plus in Job 41 it is the only place in the Bible that speaks of dinosaurs. Noahs ark is also impressive. The life of Paul. John the Baptist. The story of Abraham goin to sacrifice his son for the love and obediance of God. Zacheus was a wee little man. The life of Moses was incredible. However, the One that is most impressive is the life and story of Jesus and everything surrounding Him. All the others that i have mentioned all had faults in their lives. which is why we relate to them so easily. Jesus was the ultimate example. Defender of the judged, such as the woman. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". That is one to use when somebody in the church tries to judge you for things that you do, or have done in your past. Another is Judge not lest ye be judged yourself. Pluck the beam out of thine own eye before you pluck someone elses. I could really go on with this but i wont. Good question. surprising actually to me.

Bible story from 2 Chronicles 20:1-30. When 3 armies invade Judah, King Jehoshaphat knew that God would protect his country. He marched the army out to face the enemy led by a choir singing praises to God. But there would be no battle that day. God had already given them the victory!

I'd go with Noah other that it reminds me of an old Bill Cosby skit.

I also interpret the stories differently often than as they were written, and assume that was expected by those who wrote them.

I think, whether is actually a story or parable, or true fable, Genesis is a defining chapter, but in today's economy, my choice would have to be loaves and fishes.

Dallas

The entire life story of Moses from his being a baby put in the bulrushes to his leading the Israelites from Egypt & getting the 10 Commandments from God. Such an unbelievable life story!

The Old Testament: Story of Job- From the Book Of Job....

To have God Make a Bet with the Devil and do ALL of the F*cked up things he did to the poor guy and still have Job Maintain his faith was impressive.

As a child I always loved the story of Noah's ark....still do...it's a cute little tale.

I also quite enjoy Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, I know it's not really a "bible story" per say, but a very loose adaption of a bible story

The story of Joseph, Esther and Ruth

• gussie

The nativity , any of the parables ,and the Book of Ruth concerning the relationship between Ruth and Naomi.

With Easter coming soon, I think the most important "story?" would be the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord. Jesus was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures having victory over the grave, sin, and Satan. He gives us that same victory when we place our faith and trust in Him alone.

Joseph interprets Pharaohs dream!