12 year old daughter's "interesting" writing?

My 12 year old daughter has been spending a lot of her time writing on her computer lately, and I think that's great, yet every time I ask her what she's writing about she practically jumps on her computer and screams stuff about how it's private and tells me to get out of her room. At first, I gave her... show more My 12 year old daughter has been spending a lot of her time writing on her computer lately, and I think that's great, yet every time I ask her what she's writing about she practically jumps on her computer and screams stuff about how it's private and tells me to get out of her room. At first, I gave her the privacy she asked for, but then I started to get little worried that she may not have actually been writing, and doing something she didn't think I would approve of. Well, a few days ago, my 15 year old son, whom I never had these problems with because all he has ever wanted to do is sleep, comes yelling down the stairs with paper in his hand and shows it to me. It was some "yaoi" (what he called it) thing that he said Athena (my daughter) wrote. It was very sexual and not that I have anything against it, but it was about a gay couple. I have taught my children to be open-minded toward all kinds of people so I wasn't too surprised that it was about gay people, what I was surprised about was the fact she knew so much about sexual intercourse. Of course I punished Aaron for going into Athena's room and going through her things, but I'm wondering if I should confront Athena or just ignore everything. Or should I do something else? Is this natural? Thanks for your answers! I really appreciate it!
Update: I really do see a lot of myself in her, and I love the fact that she's so open-minded, I just don't know if this means that she is just interested in sex, or that she wants to have sex. That's what worries me.
Update 2: :) Yes, I used fake names. No worries.