FHA payment reduction... is this for real?

I got a letter in the mail from Metro Finance (my mortgage is through CountryWide) saying that our FHA home loan is due for a payment reduction. It reads, "Additionally, as a part of this FHA payment reduction an din conjuction with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, you will not have a... show more I got a letter in the mail from Metro Finance (my mortgage is through CountryWide) saying that our FHA home loan is due for a payment reduction.

It reads, "Additionally, as a part of this FHA payment reduction an din conjuction with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, you will not have a payment for a minimum of 30 days from your participation date"

I called them, and they said this was not a refinancing offer... There are no fees involved, and all I have to do is sign the paper they send to me in the mail.

Is this for real? Is FHA really reducing loans, and if so, why wouldn't I go through my normal mortgage company?

I mean, it would be nice to have my payment reduced by about $50 a month like they are saying, but I don't want to lose my house in the process!
Update: FYI - I called Countrywide (my mortgage company), and they said that a lot of people have been getting letters like this. The lady I talked to said, she's not sure why these companies are sending the letters... they must be getting some sort of financial kickback, BUT.... it was partially true. That act... show more FYI -

I called Countrywide (my mortgage company), and they said that a lot of people have been getting letters like this. The lady I talked to said, she's not sure why these companies are sending the letters... they must be getting some sort of financial kickback, BUT....

it was partially true. That act mentioned in the letter will reduce payments for people with FHA loans (like myself). Countrywide just hasn't gotten around to sending out the letters yet. The lady told me, the letters will go out on April 4th, and my mortgage payment will automatically be reduced through them.

There's no need to get a 3rd party involved.

So, I don't know if it was a scam or not, but I don't know what their intentions exactly were.

Either way, I'll be patient and wait until April.