Zoloft and Xanax question?

2 months ago my doctor diagnosed me with Acute Anxiety Disorder. He put me on .5mg daily of Zoloft and Xanax until the Zoloft kicked in. I have noticed a slight difference since starting the Zoloft but have found myself relying on the Xanax more than I'd like to deal with panic attacks. I am going to see the... show more 2 months ago my doctor diagnosed me with Acute Anxiety Disorder. He put me on .5mg daily of Zoloft and Xanax until the Zoloft kicked in. I have noticed a slight difference since starting the Zoloft but have found myself relying on the Xanax more than I'd like to deal with panic attacks. I am going to see the Doctor tomorrow for an update. Should I ask him to increase the daily dose of Zoloft or is there something else similar to Xanax I can take that isn't as addictive? (By the way- Xanax has worked wonders for me-- I just don't want to get hooked).

Looking for suggestions from others with Anxiety problems please!