what could tingling and numbness in pinky and ring finger in the left hand be?

my left pinky and ring finger has been numb and tingling for going a week now , should I be concerned?

Best Answer

yes, numbing is usually caused by loss of blood flow so you should check with your doctor since it has been a prolonged time now.

It sounds like you've hit your 'funny bone',which is actually not a bone at all,it's a nerve. When you hit this,you get a tingling down your arm,in your wrist and exactly where you've explained,in your pinky and ring finger. The 'funny bone' nerve controls the wrist and the pinky and ring fingers,and when it's hit or damaged,you get a tingling and numbness in the wrist area and the last two fingers!! heh heh,I learned this from our Science teacher,it was a very random class.....=D

I have numbness in my left pinky finger alot. My doctor said that it is related to tendinitis that I have in my left shoulder.

It may just be that your pinching a nerve high up in your shoulder without knowing it, or worse your Brachial artery which is not good because that is slowing down your blood return to your heart.

See your doctor.

• C F

the most likely diagnosis with these symptoms is Cubital Tunnel Syndrome which is pressure on the ulnar nerve behind the medial epicondyle of the elbow. (funny bone) Usually can be treated conservatively although occassionally requires surgery.