Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

what are languages that do not have capital letters (upper case)?

i know arabic doesn't!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Most of the North Indian languages (Hindi, Gujerati, Punjabi, Bengali, etc) have no upper case letters. Like Arabic, however, some of the letters have slightly different initial and final forms. (I have no idea whether this also applies to the scripts of South Indian languages such as Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam.

• 1 decade ago

Most languages, or better, most scripts do not have upper and lower cases letters. Only four use them: Roman (the one I'm using now), Cyrillic (used for Russian, some other Slavic and also many Central Asian languages), Greek, and Armenian.

None of the scripts used for Semetic have this difference: Arabic, Hebrew, Amharic, etc.

None of the scripts used for the Indic languages this difference: Devanagari, Gurmukhi, Bengali, Oriya, Gujarati, Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam, Tamil, Sinhala.

None of the languages of Souteast Asia, whose scripts are borrowed from the ancient Brahmic script have this difference: Burmese, Thai, Khmer, Javanese, etc.

None of the writing systems of East Asia make this distinction: Chinese hanzi, Japanese hiragana and katakana, Korean hangul.

• 1 decade ago

Japanese Chinese Thai korean and bout the rest of asia and arabic

• 1 decade ago

Arabic and other arab languages - such as Farsi etc...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

all indian languages, arabic, persian etc

• 1 decade ago

arabic,sinsecrety

• 1 decade ago

Urdu,

maybe chinese,korean,japanese? perhaps georgian

• 1 decade ago

I know Hebrew doesn't.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

japanese

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.