Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

can you eat spicy foods while pregnant?

can you eat spicy foods like salsa or hot peppers during pregnancy?

• Best Answer

That is what I crave lol! Yes! Heartburn is killer but while I am eating it's great!

• Diane

I ate spicy foods throughout my entire pregnancy and had no problem with heartburn or anything. A few people randomly said to me " You are pregnant! You should not be eating spicy food!" I always replied: "Why not?" I asked a Jamaican friend if women in the Caribbean stopped eating spicy during their pregnancies and she laughed like crazy! She said "Why would anyone do that???"

there are alot of old wives tails about spicy food. i am sure a few people will tell you the baby will go blind. but that is NOT true. for the most part as long as you are having a normal pregnancy and not high risk, then you can eat what ever you want. you might even crave spicy foods. it is all normal. just make sure to mention it to your DR if you really start craving weird things.

• Diann

eat spicy foods pregnant

I cried i wanted hot peppers so much. Never had eaten spicy until my 3rd pregnancy. I kept a galloon of greek pepperchinis at work and jalepenos at home.I would stand in the frigde and eat them crying. The were burning me up but I had to have them. I was like a mad woman.

Make sure you have lots of tums.

Yes of course you can! :) It may give you heartburn so keep some milk or Tums nearby but enjoy if that is what you want.

Yes. Just be ready with your Tums for the heartburn you're gonna get!

Source(s): 38 wks tomorrow!
  • Abi

Yes, just watch out for the heartburn! :]

Yeah. I really love mexican food,and you gotta have the hot sauce!!

yes...just HORRIBLE heartburn