Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Military Helicopters?

I wanna know were I can get the cheapest Soviet Mi-17 Hip and Mi-24 Hind at without spending to much money.. Or anyone that knows, and/or has blueprints can you help me build?

Doesn't have to have the hardware, i just want the looks, and Camaras and things.

I don't wanna keep the Helicopter in the U.S. I wanna keep it inn Siberia

Favorite Answer

Forget the old Soviet crap.

Give McDonnell Douglas a call and order up a brand new AH-64D Apache Longbow!

If the price is too steep see if they will cut you a deal on a older AH-64A model.

If that's too much, go down to "Hobby town" and buy yourself a scale model. That might be your best bet anyway.

Good Luck!

Lol, you're funny.

You have no idea how much maintenance helicopters require. This is why helicopter transport is so rare--its incredibly expensive to maintain a helicopter in operational status compared to a small aircraft of the same capacity.

Mi-24 you don't have a chance at getting. Any demilitarized versions would be snapped up by third-world warlords looking for a quick import. Mi-17's, that might be possible. Maybe one of the former Soviet-bloc countries, though shipping would be a lifetime of problems.

Not only that--you need to secure a source of replacement parts, as things on old soviet aircraft aren't too reliable.

As a Marine friend once told me--if the airfoil is traveling faster than the fuselage, you're either breaking up or flying [unsafely] in a helicopter!

Does anyone ever consider Google

Note: If your capital is 10k-100k $ you can buy a Mil Mi-8 transport helicopter.

(This would not cover bringing it up to US spec and the import costs)

WSK-SWIDNIK MIL-2 HELICOPTER - Excellent Condition ($364K)

((Capt Ron... likin' the dog!))

Keep in Siberia??? then ask your question on the Russian side of the Y!A house... OHH wait, Russia doesn't have a Y!A area.

Hey, if the entire Soviet Union could maintain them, I'm pretty gosh darn sure this guy can.

If you had it with full armor and outfitting then the U.S. could arrest you for having firearms without a permit and also would confiscate the helicopter anyway

Honestly if you are asking this question on Yahoo I don't think you are really in the league to acquire military hardware.

No offense, it just doesn't make sense.