What does xlive.dll "missing" mean?

I just downloaded a game and installed it but it says that i am missing xlive.dll and i tried to just download it and put it into the folder where i installed the game but it says its "not for windows or corrupt" someone else told me i needed to install windows live but i did that and it still says i... show more I just downloaded a game and installed it but it says that i am missing xlive.dll and i tried to just download it and put it into the folder where i installed the game but it says its "not for windows or corrupt"

someone else told me i needed to install windows live but i did that and it still says i am missing the .dll

How would i go about getting this DLL to work with the game?

*Cough* the game is Warhammer 40k DoW2
Update: I said when i download the DLL and put it in and go to run the game it says "the DLL is either not meant for windows or is corrupt" And I have only ever bought 1 PC game over the years of my gaming and it wasn't even for myself, and have never found "missing" content from downloading... show more I said when i download the DLL and put it in and go to run the game it says "the DLL is either not meant for windows or is corrupt"

And I have only ever bought 1 PC game over the years of my gaming and it wasn't even for myself, and have never found "missing" content from downloading games through torrent sites.
Update 2: Oh and i forgot. World Of Warcraft Sucks. Id rather never touch that game and wait the extra 2 maybe 3+ years and wait for Star Wars : The Old Republic. (This being the only game i think i would ever buy for PC) I used to work at a gamestop/ebgames and EVERY kid or adult that came in to get WOW time cards... show more Oh and i forgot.

World Of Warcraft Sucks.

Id rather never touch that game and wait the extra 2 maybe 3+ years and wait for Star Wars : The Old Republic. (This being the only game i think i would ever buy for PC)

I used to work at a gamestop/ebgames and EVERY kid or adult that came in to get WOW time cards looked Sick, like they had the flu. And ALL they could talk about was WOW.

So Nu I will Not be playing WoW for i ish not Teh Lamer.

^^ Flames are fun