JanRenae asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

My kids need to gain weight?

My daughter age 4 lost weight, and my son age 20 months is not gaining. (Only 1 lb between his 12 month and 18 month appointments). They are both intolerant to eggs and milk, and my daughter is allergic to peanut butter. Haven't been brave enough to try my son on peanut butter yet. Any ideas for getting some healthy fat into their diets?

Favorite Answer

I would give them Omega 3 fatty acids... They have ones that are specifically made for kids (i think in gummy form).

You could also add olive oil (healthy fat!) to the food they already eat.

I'm not sure about the baby, but the girl, just try to feed her some jelly sandwiches? And if she refuses to eat them, don't force her. She's a kid, she'll be fine :) There's also Macaroni and cheese, hamburger/tuna helper, and so on.

(you also don't want to make them gain a bunch of weight, become a teenager like me, and hate their bodies.)

OLIVE OIL.....umm feed them breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner.......... make sure it is balanced with protein and whole grain carbs, fruits, and all that.....add 500 calories to their calorie intake......take them for walks and stuff that way they can gain fat and muscle

THE BEST THING TO DO IS ASK YOUR DR, AND IF HE DONT KNOW TRY OTHERS LIKE A HOSPITAL PRO WHO PREPAIRS FOOD FOR THE HOSPITAL.. IF THAT DONT GOOD OLD FASHION MASH POTATOES AND GRAVY AND ANY OTHER THING NOT HAVING TRANS FAT OR FEED THEM MORE FOOD IF THEY WANT IT !