Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Catholics, what are your Opinions on The Da Vinci Load?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I thought it was the Da Vinci Choad.

Source(s): *Embarrassing*
  • 1 decade ago

Its a Fiction, but very entertaining. One thing for sure, it made Dan Brown a multimillionaire. The Da Vinci painting is a latest version. The one I saw in Goreme Cave church in Cappadocia is the most ancient one and sitting of the apostles are totally different from Da Vinci. St john who is suppose to look like Mary Magdalen is never indicated in Cappadocia. Actually as you could see, Jesus is at the head of the table and across St Peter.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I thought the Da Vinci CODE was entertaining, my mom is a huge fan. My grandmother wont read it because she believes its "anti-catholic" but its just fiction, I dont understand her issue with it.

• 1 decade ago

Leonardo Da Vinci was a great artist.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Very entertaining.

Plenty of very real, and thought provoking facts in it. I was on wikipedia the whole time I was reading it, checking whether the facts presented were true.

More fiction books should inspire you to take a deeper look into the subject matter.

Edit:

I'm not sure how someone can claim its PURELY fiction. It has a real world setting, and accurately describes real documents, paintings, and locations. It has real facts. Sure the characters are works of fiction but is it really accurate to call it 'purely' fiction?

• 1 decade ago

As a Catholic, I watched the movie...it was entertaining but I am also aware that it is fiction

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm just glad that Tom Wanks won't be sporting a mullet in the sequel.

• 1 decade ago

It reveals to you the character of the author.I must say that the author didn't give/provide adequate resources to make his lies the truth (which he tried to do).

A very shabbily written book.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think you shouldn't get your panties in a twist over a work of fiction. If you get up in arms ignorant people will think that there is some part of truth in it and will perpetuate the false beliefs.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I haven't actually read the book or seen the movie. I'm sure I wouldn't take either one literally, though.

Peace!

MM

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.