I was once a Christian ***shudder!***...
I told people, and believed - that I was led by God's Holy Spirit, daily.
But, do you really want the truth? The truth that most Christians will never be able to admit?
It is the KEY to why Christians, Mormons, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu's, various cult members, PREFER TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY PREFER TO BE TRUE:
1. There is a strict regimen of thought in each of the religions, once the "believer" commits to "going the distance" with it.
2. Because of the extreme polarization of scripture (all scripture[them/us]- [God/Satan]), every thought, idea, politic is quickly and effectively sorted into one or the other category.
3. The expectations of the believer are heightened to stratospheric levels. Every sense, every impression is GOD attempting to manifest HIMSELF to the individual in a greater capacity.
4. Every religion has it's physical bridge to GOD:
- MORMON: They experience a "burning in their bosom"
- MUSLIM: They have the magical words of the Q'uran, which literally SHOCK the reader into utter undeniability!
- BUDDHISM: Asceticism, necessarily drives psychosomatic experience.
- HINDUISM: Also have ascetics, but they also have a "culture of superstition" which conducts their approach to intelligence.
- Catholicism: The literal OVERWHELMING aesthetic of the RCC is enough to convert any ignorant infidel - not to mention hyped up tales of miracles and demonic activity.
CHRISTIAN: The Bible reads like a formula for hypnosis - psychologically, the narrative is a series of cyclical "hooks" - they are repeated over and over: Jesus identified an enemy - Jesus rebukes the enemy - Jesus performs a miracle - Jesus isolates a friend and reveals special revelation to them - Jesus leaves.
This happens over and over in the New Testament.
The Christian is INSTRUCTED on how to respond to GOD. When something GOOD happens in the Christians life, it is attributed to GOD, naturally - likewise, evil=Satan.
This is internalized and projected against a backdrop of HEAVEN vs. HELL - the epitome of extremes.
What this does to the believer, psychologically, is RAPE them of the ability to think for themselves in a true and effective manner. It reduces the believer to a vat of artificial morality, integrity and joy.
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the Christian's greatest fear - for it is UNFORGIVABLE...
It is scriptures like this (Jesus speaks vaguely of it twice) that lend themselves to becoming strong instruments of mind-control-and as direct as that sounds, it is nonetheless a final truth, that can only be seen by those of us who have regained or have nurtured a solid sense of objectivity.
This often resources itself in the believer to such a degree that psychosomatic and subconscious responses are rather commonplace and exercised to the advantage of the Christians perception of what FAITH should mean.
An accurate rendering of FAITH would be:
"Faith is the convincing deception of things hoped for, the neurotically perceived evidence of things that do not exist..."
I know that when a Christian claims to "know" GOD, that this is a deceptive lie. Whether they'll admit it, or can even comprehend it - they do NOT, in fact, know GOD, or Jesus or the Holy Spirit.
They are merely victims of their own insecurity - victims of their demographic - victims of a paradigm of deception
Victims of incuriousness.
What I have shared with you, is INDEED, the Christian's Nightmare.
· 8 years ago