How much money will a court award an emancipated minor?

And for what reasons?

Favorite Answer

Award for what? If your just looking for money to live on $0. I if you want the court to emancipate you you have to show proof you can support yourself.

You will not be rewarded money for being emancipated. Emancipation is a really hard process and you have to prove you can live on your own and support yourself. You have to have a certain amount of money saved up, have your own job, have a place to stay once you are emancipated, and have a good reason. You are just becoming legally 18 without being 18. Even though you get emancipated you can't actually do everything an 18 year old can do.

Source(s): I got emancipated at 16 and the court told me only less then 1% out of 100% get emancipated when they try so I was that less then 1%

What would the money be awarded for? You don't get money when you become emancipated, part of the criteria is showing you can support yourself.

Harriet

• wizjp

There is no award just for reaching emancipated status if that is what you are asking

Nothing. The prize they are seeking would be emancipation. All strings are cut from parents.

Nothing, When you emancipate you are telling the court you can fund your own life.

• MLE

If anything they MAY get child support from their parents but that would depend on the circumstances. For the most part emancipated minors are expected to be able to support themselves (they should have jobs before being emancipated or the court won't do it).