Traveling to Ireland this May/June with 10 hours stopover in Frankfurt, Germany?

I am visiting family in Ireland for a month this May/June. What kind of fun activities can you suggest? Any scenery and tourist spots to visit? Also, I have a lay-over in Frankfurt from 10am to 8 pm... I am traveling from the US with a US passport.... Can I go out of the airport for a few hours? Because I know... show more I am visiting family in Ireland for a month this May/June. What kind of fun activities can you suggest? Any scenery and tourist spots to visit?

Also, I have a lay-over in Frankfurt from 10am to 8 pm... I am traveling from the US with a US passport.... Can I go out of the airport for a few hours? Because I know I'll get bored waiting. What do you suggest I can do to kill time aside from reading books/etc? Is there free internet? how about power sockets, what is the voltage?
Are there shops around?

Also, are there shower facilities in Frankfurt Main Airport?

Thanks!
Update: How far is the city from the airport/ how long is the train ride? Is transportation expensive? Also, I don't speak German, so do most people speak English? If I get out of the airport I can leave my checked in luggage in the airport right? I have always flown non-stop before, so I actually don't... show more How far is the city from the airport/ how long is the train ride?

Is transportation expensive? Also, I don't speak German, so do most people speak English?

If I get out of the airport I can leave my checked in luggage in the airport right?
I have always flown non-stop before, so I actually don't know how connecting flights work in terms of checked in luggage.

Oh... I am flying through Frankfurt because it was the cheapest flight to Ireland. And my Aunt was paying for the ticket. Long layover time though.. but it would be worth it if I am able to go around in Frankfurt for a while, even just to take pictures.

Thanks again!