Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

a question for Christians that believe in 2 judgments: where do our souls go after our death and?

before Jesus' return?

When Jesus returns, it says that He will raise the dead and our souls will enter our new bodies. Then we will have the final (public) judgment. Between this judgment and the first (individual) judgment right after we die, where are our souls? In limbo, purgatory, ???

I'm Catholic and I believe in there being 2 judgments. I believe that hell and Heaven and purgatory exist. But I'm confused about the time between our deaths and Jesus' return and raising the dead.

Can some of you please explain this. I would greatly appreciate answers from only believers.

Favorite Answer

.

Do not believe "Dave RC" & "Very much in love with God" they do NOT know what the Bible teaches !

The Bible teaches that there is indeed the heaven where God and the angels are;

that there is a "hell" - that is where everyone who has dies is, waiting

for their

respective resurrections.

Purgatory was invented by the Vatican to provide you with a second chance

and is NOT supported by anything in the Bible.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DIE ?

Jesus said: “ . . . saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.” [Revelation 17-18]

What is Death ? – Death is a return to the ground:

“In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.” [Genesis 3:19]

“Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.” [Ecclesiastes 12.7]

When everyone is born God supplied the 'breath of life' and he becomes a living soul.

“And the LORD God . . . breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. “ [Genesis 2:7]

Note: man IS a soul, man does not posses a soul

At death, when a man's breath goes forth, he dies - his being, his "soul" perishes. only a living man is a living soul.! Dead is dead. There is no "soul" that goes out of the body to live elsewhere! No "soul" goes immediately to heaven or hell. Dead is dead!

“For as the body without the spirit is dead, . .” [James2.26]

The Sleep of Death.

At death the body returns to dust and the life force (not the soul) to the creator

“ . . . but the dead know not any thing, .” [Ecclesiastes 9.5]

“His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.” [Psalm 146.4]

Lazarus was dead four days, yet he gave no report of any “life after death” experience. (refer John 11.39)

The Bible uses “sleep” as a figure of speech for death.

Jesus said: “. . . Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; . . “ [John 11.11]

David prayed “Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;” [Psalm 13.3]

“And they stoned Stephen, . . . Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.“ [Acts 7.59-60]

“. . . the fathers fell asleep, . . “ [2 Peter 3.4]

“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: “ [Hebrews 9:27]

The Hope of Resurrection – “Awake and Sing”

Death is NOT the end. There is hope. As there is a falling asleep, there is a waking up.

“Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: . . .” [Isaiah 26.19]

“ . . . them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake . . . “ [Daniel 12.2]

The next event that everyone will experience will be the resurrection, as John says, to face the results of his judgment.

“And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. “ [John 5:29]

Jesus said: “I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:” [John 11.25]

What does it mean to “believe in Jesus”? –

To believe that He is the ONLY source of resurrection life; that He paid the penalty for all of our sins when He dies on the cross and by His resurrection made possible our resurrection to eternal life; then by prayer we can invite Jesus into our lives and experience His resurrection power for daily living.

The best way you can prepare for death is to get to know Jesus right now by prayer and Bible reading. You could pray this prayer right now –

Father God in heaven, I am a sinner and I need your forgiveness; I believe that Jesus died for my sins; I want to turn from my sins; I invite Jesus into my heart and life. I want to trust Jesus as my Saviour, and to follow you as my Lord in the company of your Church; Lord please accept my prayer in the name of Your Son, Jesus, Amen.

May God bless you as you study His Word

<:)))><

King James Bible

The more thumbs down I get the more I know that I am correct !

Source(s): The more thumbs down I get the more I know that I am correct ! The more thumbs down I get the more I know that I am correct !

In death, the separation of the soul from the body, the human body decays and the soul goes to meet God. Each person receives their eternal retribution in their immortal soul at the very moment of death, in a particular judgement that refers their life to Christ. Either entrance into heaven - through a purification or immediately, - or immediate and everlasting damnation. When Christ comes again to judge the living and the dead, all the dead will rise. Those who have done good will be re-united with their souls in heaven with new glorified bodies. Those who have done evil will be re-united with their souls in hell.

You have forgotten the Lord's promise to the thief on the cross, of paradise after death. How ever God prepares to bring us into his holy presence after the Last Judgment is debatable, and I believe that a soul after death is subject to judgment and purification, awaiting heaven in paradise.

a million. The Catholic Church does not prepare that Mary is God. study our catechism and discover out for your self. 2. The Bible helps the belief of being completely cleansed after death so we enter Heaven whiter than snow. the technique is stated as purgatory and it is not between heaven and hell; it is between death and heaven. See here verses: playstation sixty six:12, Mt 12:32, Phil 2:10-11, Ecc 12:14, Lk sixteen:19-31, a million Thess 3:13, Is 4:4 (cf. Eph 4:8-10; 4:7 6:5-7 a million puppy 3:19-20) 2 Tim a million:sixteen-18, Mic 7:8-9, a million Cor 3:11-15, Heb 12:14, Mal 3:a million-4 15:29 12:29, 2 Cor 5:10, Rev 5:3,13, Mt 5:25-6, Lk 12:fifty 8-9, 7:a million, 21:27 3. Christ instituted the Mass as a fulfillment of Passover, remodeling the Judaic covenant between God and His human beings into the Christian covenant. it is Christ's comparable as quickly as-and-for-all Sacrifice, made modern for human beings as we talk. it is not a clean one, so we Catholics DO have faith that His artwork on the go is completely adequate. 4. Catholicism does not prepare that we've mediators between us and God, different than Christ, who's the only mediator. although, the Bible says that we share in Christ's artwork, and if we share in His artwork, then we are liable for evangelism and praying for our Christian brothers and sisters. this is a style of mediation, and that i'm truly specific you do it, too. So pot, meet kettle. 5. The Bible tells us that we ought to coach works and "artwork out our salvation with concern and trembling." we don't think of works take the area of religion; extremely, we've faith that our faith leads us to solid works, this is completely Scriptural. See Mat 7:sixteen-20, Matt: 19:21, Mat 25:40-40 3. Mt 25:15-28, 2 Cor 5:10, Rev 20:12, Lk 19:6, Gal 6:2, Gal 6:4, a million Cor 9:sixteen, James 5:20, James 2:14-sixteen ff, a million Cor 9:sixteen, Jer. 17:10; 32:19. Catholics do study the Bible, each and all of the time and in each Mass. in reality, we've Scripture analyzing every day that facilitates us artwork interior the direction of the comprehensive Bible systematically in like 3 years time, some areas (Gospels and Psalms) coated extra advantageous than as quickly as. as we talk's readings are: Sirach 40 4:a million,10-15, Psalm 132 and Matthew 13:sixteen-17. i desire and pray which you get some info till now making accusations. You published a brilliant style of lies approximately Catholicism -- bear in recommendations who the daddy of lies is, please and stick to the reality next time you % to criticize your brothers and sisters in Christ.

As soon as we die, we go either to heaven, hell, or purgatory. Our Lady of Fatima revealed that when they die, most people go to purgatory, the second-most to hell, and very few go straight to heaven.

Those in heaven before the Last Judgment will be pure spirits until then. At the Last Judgment, those in heaven will receive transfigured bodies.

A good way to avoid purgatory is by propagating the Devotion to the Seven Sorrows of Mary. I wish more Catholics would take advantage of this. See promise #7 below:

The Seven Sorrows of Mary are as follow:

1. The Prophecy of Simeon

2. The Flight into Egypt

3. The Loss of the Child Jesus in the Temple

4. Mary Meets Jesus as He Carries His Cross

5. The Crucifixion and Death of Jesus

6. The Body of Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross and Placed into Mary's Arms

7. Jesus is Placed in the Tomb.

Mary wishes for us to pray one Hail Mary while meditating on each of the Seven Sorrows, for a total of seven Hail Marys. She has made the following promises to those who do this on a daily basis:

1. I will grant peace to their families.

2.They will be enlightened about the Divine mysteries.

3. I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work.

4. I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my Divine Son or the sanctification of their souls.

5. I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives.

6. I will visibly help them at the moment of their death, they will see the face of their Mother.

7. I have obtained this Grace from my Divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors, will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son and I will be their eternal consolation and joy.

God bless!

Dave

• Lola5 years agoReport

where in the Bible does it say to do this. If it's not in the Bible, I wouldn't have much faith that this is true. She does not have the same power as Jesus to do all these things. Jesus didn't even make her a prophetess.

First you need to know that in the heavens, there is no time and space, therefore what we experience on earth, has already happened from God's perspective.

I am Lutheran and we believe that when you die, you go to sleep with Jesus until He returns from Heaven and takes His people. (this means when we die, we are with Him in the blink of an eye because there is no time/space in heaven.

• If you are a believer you appear before the Bema seat judgement which is the judgement seat of believers, where level of reward, not presence or absence of reward are in question.

If you are an unbeliever you appear before the great white throne where you will stand on your own flawed righteousness and be found incompatible with the righteousness of God. For it cannot be said of you "We have become the righteousness of God in Him."

Christians do not appear before such a judgement

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus."

I need to think. Of course we do not believe in Purgatory or Limbo.

I know what you believe.

There are TWO judgments. One for the Believer and one for the Unbeliever.