In Calif. law, is there a penalty for avoiding process server?

One of my cr.card people is sending process server over long pastdue

balance. Can I get in trouble for avoiding them, denying my identity in person? They came to my house and more or less told me I must not be telling the truth when I denied identity & said I forwarded mail.


It's almost exactly one year late, about


2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    No. If a process server can't serve you personally, you can be served "by publication," publishing the summons as a legal ad the the local newspaper and adding the cost to the judgment.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    A process server has no legally enforceable power.

    how long is the balance past due?

    Is it past the statute of limitations?

    You might not even owe them the money.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.