Nintendo DS wifi error code 51099:
1. The Nintendo DS wifi error code 51099 usually appears when the DS has problems connecting the wireless router. (duh, I know)
2. Make sure the SSID on the DS matches the SSID on the wireless router.
3. Go to “Nintendo WiFi Connection Settings” to search for the wireless router. To find the wireless router automatically, tap on “Search for an Access Point”. Once your DS finds the wireless router, press A and test the wifi connection by tapping on “Test Connection”.
4. If the DS still has problem connecting with the wireless router, you may have to enter your wireless router’s SSID manually. Do this by tapping on “Manual Setup” instead of “Search for an Access Point”. Enter the SSID of the wireless router and the IP address for your DS. To pick an IP address for you DS, just add 10 to your PC’s IP address.
5. To find your PC’s IP address, go to “Start” menu, click on Run and type cmd, then type ipconfig/all. If your PC’s IP address is 192.168.1.100, add ten and your DS’s IP address is 192.168.1.110.
6. Tap on “Test Connection” and if the Nintendo DS wifi error code 51099 still appears.
To avoid the Nintendo DS wifi error code 51099 using a Nintendo WiFi Connection USB Connector:
1. Please note that the Nintendo WiFi Connection USB Connector takes some time to connect. Try connecting ton Nintendo WiFi Connection again.
2. If the Nintendo WiFi Connection USB Connector is directly inserted to the PC, try using the extension cable.
3. If there is no Nintendo WiFi Connection blue icon on the system try at the bottom right of your computer monitor, make sure you have the software installed. If you already have it installed, try downloading the latest software here and reinstall the software. Uninstall the old version first.
4. If there is a gray Nintendo WiFi Connection icon, right click on the icon and run the registration tool.
5. Test the wifi connection and if the Nintendo DS wifi error code 51099 doesn’t appear anymore, have fun.
To avoid the Nintendo DS wifi error code 51099 when connecting to a non-partnered hotspot, make sure the hotspot does not require you to use a browser to log in before accessing the hotspot. These hotspots will not work with Nintendo WiFi Connection.