Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)FIFA World Cup (TM) · 1 decade ago

what will happen if Iran had to play Israel in the World cup?

will they play the game??

cause if so I am not sure that more than 10 players will finish the game.

Update:

Marco: Iran and Israel have waaay more problems with each other than Iran and USA.

Update 2:

Rafa: Croatia and Serbia is more like a rivalry, but Iran and Israel is waay more than just rivalry.

and wtf about pakistan and India??, I didnt even know that they dont like each other

Update 3:

✡: i wish that they dont involve politics into sport

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Iran would not play.

Iran may face action from the International Olympic Committee if its swimmer deliberately pulled out of the men’s 100m breaststroke heats because an Israeli was also racing, Olympic officials said Sunday.

http://olympics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/08/10/ioc-s...

• 1 decade ago

Israel would lost.

Do you remember World Cup 1998 in France?

In the group F were Germany, Yugoslavia, USA and Iran. Iranian players said that they come just to beat USA and they've done.

They won 2:1!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They would play the game. It's not likely to happen though. Oh as to the players FINISHING keep in mind the security and such that would be on hand. You aren't talking about a random game or something where the players would have the chance to do anything.

• 1 decade ago

same thing that would happen if Pakistan and India would ever make a world cup haha or maybe a croatia vs serbia match.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Oh man... that wouldn't be pretty. Starting from the field to the stands.

Now I know why Israel plays in the Euros, not the Asian games....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I guess it would be full of emotion- but they wouldn't make a fool of oneself with a horror show... too much proud on both fronts though- expect they would reach the final!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well Iran did play the US in the past and it went ok for both teams. Well not for the US who lost lmao

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/edition=1013/...

But yeah I think they would play it :)

• 1 decade ago

there would be heightened security

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.