Southern Vampire Mysteries (True blood), Twilight or Vampire series of Anne Rice?

obviously, i am fond of reading novels which has vampire as the main character... i have read twilight and watched the movie as well. then i came across to the series True Blood by HBO and got hooked to it so i was able to read the books too. I have also watched some of the movie adaptation of anne rice's novels but have'nt read any of her novels yet...

my question is, which of the "vampire-based" novel do you prefer reading? Southern Vampire Mysteries/ Sookie Stackhouse series (True Blood) by Charlaine Harries, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, or the Vampire series of Anne Rice?

uhmmm.. for those who have read the vampire series of anne rice, does it have a sequence of each book is different from others? and if it is different from each other, which book do you recommend i read first?

Favorite Answer

I have read the Twilight & Vampire Chronicles series and the first of the Southern Vampire Mysteries series.

But I think you should read The Vampire Chronicles, it starts with Interview With the Vampire and the books are absolute classics!

I also really liked the first book from the Southern Vampire Mysteries (some things reminded me at Twilight but it was better and less childish) so that makes Twilight come last at my list. It was a good story but it had plot holes and the writing wasn't really good.

Anne Rice for sure. She is a much more developed writer, and everything falls together perfectly. WAYYYY better than Twilight!!!

The only movie that's close to any of her books is Interview with a Vampire with Brad Pitt. Queen of the Damned is a disgrace

Source(s): I've watched true blood, read Anne Rice's series through tale of the body thief, read entire twilight series

I absolutely love the whole twilight series/ sega. When you read it it makes you feel like your right there, and when you go to set it down- which you absolutely don't want to do-you wish there were such things as vampires and werewolves and love that edward and bella share. an stephenie meyer is a great writer. so much detail. shes even completing midnight sun which is from Edwards point of view. Midnight Sun for Edwards is light Twilight for bella. the twilight movie New Moon is being filmed right now and is due out in theaters in november.

My favorite of those is the Southern Vampire series. I also love Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series and the Dark series by Christine Feehan.

Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer

Twilight saga or Vampire diaries.

• ?

i have all the twilight books and sookie stackhouse books on a small shelf together over my bed. i love those two the most. xP

Anne Rice all the way, I love her books.

• don't get me wrong i loved the twilight books. but i also love the laurell k hamilton: anite blake vampire hunter books also. alot more sex.

twilight