H W asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

do you agree from this discussion that hispanics will take of america and the language?

do you agree with this discussion that hispanics will take over the language of america to spanish?

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=mores...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Phil
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It would be good to look at our past for a similar situation:

Benjamin Franklin, in his 1751 pamphlet Observations Concerning the Increase of Mankind, wrote:

"Why should the ... [Germans] be suffered to swarm into our Settlements, and by herding together establish their Language and Manners to the Exclusion of ours? Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Languages or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion."

...Pennsylvania was at this time about 33% German immigrants....

Last time I was in Pennsylvania they spoke English. Of course, I do too, but then I'm a descendent of those folks he was talking about.

1. Ben was wrong, the Germans learned English.

2. Every other immigrant group has learned. Most of them the children of the immigrants, immigrants themselves tend to be poor and older and don't learn the language, or don't learn it well, But their children do.

3. EVERY immigrant group that has come to America has done it, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, Norwegian, German, Italian...

4. THe immigrant bashers are wrong, English language and American culture will thrive on new immigrants who will in a generation be as completely American as I am.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The language of most of america is spanish

• 1 decade ago

Well, it makes sense. Two thousand years ago Spanish was Latin, the most advanced language in the West. Two thousand years ago the Angles, Saxons and Jutes were still grunting and running after bears, living in caves.

Since Spanish is a much more advanced, civilized, sophisticated language, it follows that it will allow for better communication in an integrated world.

• lembo
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

nicely, i'm Hispanic and that i will permit you recognize that regrettably, there's a brilliant type of our race that purely waste time in this u . s . a .. I do think of that does who prefer to paintings for their kin ought to come here and stay. a number of them care lots approximately their kin that they even paintings for minimum salary. yet I do think of that people who come to thieve, kill, etc must be back to the place they belong asap.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JoeBob
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

funny the gov. will not make english the Official language in the states

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

first, hispanics are Americans!!!!!! Why then do many hispanics claim to be Mexican American ?With Obama taking our freedoms away I suspect this will happen .Obama is always on Tv and is always talking like he is still running for office

• 1 decade ago

a couple of points....

first, hispanics are Americans!!!!!!

second, language can't be controlled by laws..... language is spoken by the people, on the streets, in homes, and in communities not what linguists believe it is or what politicians make "official"

third, xenophobia is what makes insecure people believe that brown people will take over "white" America!!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. Stop listening to Pat Buchanan.

• 1 decade ago

No Habla espanol and never will, I have no need for that filthy language or the racist people that call that their native language.

• 1 decade ago

thats just silly

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.