Alright, answer truthfully?

and no stupid answers: How much do we really need Marquez?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Eazy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yeah, we need Marquez alot still, let's not forget, Mexico or any team in CONCACAF, or even form CONMEBOL, don't have a central defender with Rafa Marquez' qualities, look at where he's at, he's in the best team in the world, he's a starter there, look at what he's done, no one can take that from him, he's a leader, he's a very good player. He's without a doubt the best central defender on this side of the world. Who wouldn't want him? He had a few bad games, so what? So has every other single player in the world. We don't have anyone with that kind of specific weight worldwide other than Rafael Marquez, not Guardado, not Nery, not Pardo, not Magallon, Rafa Marquez is one of those players that, when you go somewhere, the team respects because of the name Rafa Marquez, what he stands for worldwide, what kind of defender and leadership he has in his team. You all can give me thumbs down, that's your view, but we all know that Marquez is one of those players that does not have a good enough substitute, ever. He's one of those irreplacables players, kind of like Messi for Argentina, Kaka for Brasil, Donovan for U.S. Those kind of players that won't have a good enough substitute.

• 1 decade ago

Marquez is a player that plays good when he's surrounded by good players. For example, Barcelona. In Mexico, he just doesn't seem to fit in. He's too good. We didn't need him today because Costa Rica didn't have much to offer on the attacking side. They're not a good team. Wait until Mexico plays some good teams, then Marquez will definitely stand up. He's a player that brings respect to Mexico, if not the ONLY one.

• 1 decade ago

honestly hes irreplaceable right now..i agree with everything eazy said and i have to add somethin and im pretty sure he will back me up on this one. The defense played good and all but there was one thing missing from them..what i like to call "salida". they defended great but i noticed that about 70% of the time they just cleared the ball. And rafa marquez takes the ball away..looks up and passes or sends a monster deep pass. that is class right there..and leobardo lopez..galindo..and magallon are all good defenders, but none of them does what rafa does. and i think we needed that..you rarely see rafa just clear the ball.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

People think that Marquez is essential to the team only 'cause he plays for Barcelona. However, the truth is that with the National Team he has not made much of a difference in the field.

Actually, he makes more of a difference when he's NOT playing - we actually finish the game with 11 players, and there's no one to try to grab the ball with their hands and give the rival a free penalty.

Source(s): I'm serious!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

could %. the oldest one, or any that have some sort of deadly ailment that would take their life the soonest. Why kill somebody with 50 years previous to them extremely than 2 months? looks the main reasonable to me. except one in each and every of my kinfolk I had an excellent grudge against and that they've been in detention center for homicide. incredibly relies upon on alot of components.

• 1 decade ago

He provides morale to our players since he is one of the best that we have and he gives good passes that ultimately lead to Goals. He is one of the best free-kick takers that we have besides Ramon Morales He is our motivator and is an important part of El Tri.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

we need him. we do, but there are players that can play his position.

its a hard question to answer. Like todays game, we didn't need him, Galindo and Lopez did an excellent job.

But conclusively, we need him.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a lot he runs that defense we only played costa rica but seriously image if we play argentina. brasil, spain etc... his pass are really good and he s great in set pieces and dont forget his freekicks!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

dude i am a chivista 100% but i have always said pardo should be or captain not marquez

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ummm honestly i forgot about Marquez during the game.. seriously..

but we do need him, say wachu say, he is a key to mexico...

fu guys!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.